Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Everyone keeps on about America

Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    @CM .......Exactly, thankyou

@Cheese .... Thats fair enough I personally thought the idea of an election which could possibly rupture the foundation of the US at a time like this was silly.
    I like Bush because he has nuts, like Maggie Thatcher, (altho she did'nt litterally have nuts as far as I know) and yes she was a corrupt bitch, but she did'nt stand for threats to our nation, same as Bush, he's not willing to let these people walk over us.

I'll say something controversial now, I apologise if it upsets anyone, please remember it's a thought on my behalf and not my own view, more of an observation.

This thing with kidnapping people and slicing their heads off, everyone thinks it's wrong and sick right?
    Yes it is, but what if we did it as retaliation?
    The problem being that we are "Civil" people and don't do it.
    Fire fire with flowers is what we do.
    These people do not understand that. What if we fought fire with fire?

What if we done to them what they do to us?

The point being that altho the US has many things people think are wrong, so does every country, before judging other countries maybe everyone should take a long hard look at their own.

Jonno

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Comic_Peddler's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Just going to post on this bit.

many Americans do have the opinion that the world needs us more than we need them, and it's often the same people with this attitude that champion the "cutting off " idea... "let's see the world cope then".
    Please don't get me wrong vidcc, I do not subcribe to that thought process. I was merely talking about the duality some people seem to have. I mean I fail to understand how one person can think we are nothing and the world doesn't need the U.S. yet at the same time we effect how many billions of people. How can we be nothing AND have a huge effect at the same time?

3. Lounge   -   #23
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Its hardly fighting fire with flowers when you are bombing the crap out off and assualting their supposed base though.

There's no way the US or UK forces are going to start beheading the prisoners they have taken, trust me
    Last edited by DanB; 11-12-2004 at 02:56 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Comic_Peddler
    Please don't get me wrong vidcc, I do not subcribe to that thought process. I was merely talking about the duality some people seem to have. I mean I fail to understand how one person can think we are nothing and the world doesn't need the U.S. yet at the same time we effect how many billions of people. How can we be nothing AND have a huge effect at the same time?
    i probably could have worded it better but then i would have been even longer winded than usual i didn't actually think you suggest cutting ourselves off.

The biggest influence we have on the world isn't our culture, although it could be connected.... it's our actions. Sometimes our actions are not appreciated as we think they should be. One wrong can cancel out a thousand rights
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-12-2004 at 03:00 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    There's no way the US or UK forces are going to start beheading the prisoners they have taken, trust me
    Yes I know that I did'nt mean they should

I meant they do these things but no one ever says anything for fear of being called rascist etc, I agree the bombing the crap out of everything cos you THINK there are bad people there is a bit silly and civilians are murederd in effect. But we don't film it and post it all over the net for friends and families to see.
    There are a lot sicker people and nations out there than the US.

The yanks are just big headed (ok thats a joke and not meant to offend)

Jonno

6. Lounge   -   #26
    No one ever says what for fear for of being called racist?

i think if you look you'll find plenty of posts renouncing the beheading activities

7. Lounge   -   #27
    I was just using those as an example

I did'nt mean that topic exactly, the whole point of this thread is that there are other big fish in the world that are far worse than the US, yet no one ever mentions them.Take your sig fro example Dan,

Guns don't kill people, George Bush does.

Why Bush? Bin laden has killed far more, so did Sadam Hussien and many others, Bush went to war for a reason he believed, the others just kill cos they can.

Jonno
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 11-12-2004 at 03:10 PM.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    lynx's Avatar .
    The reason people attack (verbally I mean) the US is because it presents itself as the perfect model which we should all aspire to emulate. The truth is that it has a corrupt, undemocratic, bullying, hypocritical regime with delusions of grandeur.

Bush's administration has effectively said that if I don't agree with their policies then I am as bad as those who carry out atrocities around the world. Not surprisingly I take offence at this enormous slur. Under the circumstances I think my condemnation of their policies is comparatively mild.

There is a rumour that the US thinks of itself as the "land of the free". It's citizens could do with taking a close look at Denmark and Germany - they produce much better fairy stories.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    My sig is just a little play on spinningfreemanny's

They kill for a reason they believe in too Jonno

10. Lounge   -   #30
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    As Americans we are an easy target. We have a large and powerful country AND we are willing to hold these types of discussions. I don't see many Russians or Chinese getting into many of these discussions.

Look at what happened in the Netherlands. You write shit about America we write shit back, you write shit about the Middle East and people come and kill you.

To me, it just makes us a safe target for people to talk shit about when in fact we have the most cultures represented here in the U.S., more than any place at any time in history. They are now burning mosques in Nl. too I read. Does this make the Netherlands a bad place?

Not in the least, but every place has its' particular issues, and people like to dramatize the actions of the U.S. and it has been so since we became a nation, a fact that I would rather people not forget. People will still be taking issue with us 100 years from now.

Sure we have negatives to our culture but it isn't that bad either, not in the least. We are just the safest superpower to talk shit about.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast