Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mozilla Launches Thunderbird 1.0

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Well ,just going to install but whats this? RSS Integration. I didn't see anything in the help file that made sence to me.
    Thunderbird : FAQs : RSS Basics

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd

Thanx Cl1mh4224rd, I noticed a little more eye candy , but not much else !

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Hey, I've had Thunderbird on my computer for a while, but never really looked at it. I mean, I tryed it a bit, but it seems just sort of the same as outlook express, which is what I currently use.

So, what I'm asking is, "why is this better than outlook express, and what are the reasons for me to use this"?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitchhiker427
    Hey, I've had Thunderbird on my computer for a while, but never really looked at it. I mean, I tryed it a bit, but it seems just sort of the same as outlook express, which is what I currently use.

So, what I'm asking is, "why is this better than outlook express, and what are the reasons for me to use this"?
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

Why Use Thunderbird?

Thunderbird gives you a faster, safer, and more productive email experience. We designed Thunderbird to prevent viruses and to stop junk mail so you can get back to reading your mail. Read on to find out more about the reasons why you should use Thunderbird as your mail client and RSS reader.
    Smartest Way to Stop Junk Mail

Thunderbird provides the most effective tools for detecting junk mail. Our tools analyze your e-mail and identify those that are most likely to be junk. You can automatically have your junk mail deleted or you can put it in a folder you specify, just in case you like reading junk mail.

Your Mail, Your Way

View your e-mail the way you want it. Access your e-mail with Thunderbird's new three-column view. Customize your toolbar, change its look with themes, and use Mail Views to quickly sort through your e-mail.

Safe and Secure

Thunderbird provides enterprise and government grade security features such as S/MIME, digital signing, message encryption, support for certificates and security devices.

Packed with Features

Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader, support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders, advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return receipts, smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools, and the ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.

Unlimited Features

Thunderbird lets you add additional features as you need them through extensions. Extensions are a powerful tool to help you build a mail client that meets your specific needs.
    Also check here: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/why/

Thunderbird is 100 times better than Outlook Express IMO
    Last edited by Samurai; 12-10-2004 at 07:43 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    hmm... I might give it a shot, but I still don't really notice anything that catches my eye. I mean, the spam tools look nice, but I've tried spam tools before (mostly on HTML email accounts), and most of the time they get annoying and remove things I want. So, I'm not too hyped about that feature.

Also, most of these features can be acomplished with Outlook Express. I mean, multiple email accounts, news, spell checking, etc.

I'm not impressed with most of the extensions for Thunderbird, and the themes suck, IMO.

Oh well, I still might give it a shot, but it still doesn't seem that this is really any better - unless you don't use Microsoft's version simply because of the fact that it's Microsoft (which I don't understand).

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12