Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Al Gore And Olie North.

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by leecheskicked@1 April 2003 - 22:45
    just to show I am unbiased and in the interest of historical accuraccyt,we(UK) gassed a hell of a lot of Kurds in the 20's, different world maybe, but some do remeber, its not that long ago!
    I think that's part of my point: Every nation comes to the table with extra/excess historical baggage. I always preach the necessity of historical awareness and perspective in order to inform judgement and opinion, but most people just try to beat you over the head with "sins of the past" when they have no practical bearing on current events.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    I love reading these posts. Not the violence they report, but the information within, all of which is taken with a grain of salt.
    I'm a yank, and think our country's social structure is behind the sloppiness and the psychotic behavior.
    I'm very saddened by the deaths, whether they be of combat origin or asinine behavior origin or slavish ties to enhanced killing machines with all too human quirky computer glitches origin.
    I'm sorry, truly, to you in the UK. And also to those in the dictator's country, and also Iraq...the other dictator's country.
    I wish accountability were forthcoming beyond a sterile press conference and some blood money.
    But then, why would there be?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by longterm@2 April 2003 - 06:05
    I love reading these posts. Not the violence they report, but the information within, all of which is taken with a grain of salt.
    I'm a yank, and think our country's social structure is behind the sloppiness and the psychotic behavior.
    I'm very saddened by the deaths, whether they be of combat origin or asinine behavior origin or slavish ties to enhanced killing machines with all too human quirky computer glitches origin.
    I'm sorry, truly, to you in the UK. And also to those in the dictator's country, and also Iraq...the other dictator's country.
    I wish accountability were forthcoming beyond a sterile press conference and some blood money.
    But then, why would there be?
    Fatalism?
    All we can do (unless elected to office, so as to play the game) is root through the rubbish, bringing our own faculties to bear upon the problem.

I suspect, about 627.3 feet down, we will find the first grains of truth.

Grab a shovel, if you're willing.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12