Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince Harry

manker's Avatar effendi
    Jonno, I said that wearing a swastika was unacceptable. you replied:
    Quote Originally Posted by jonno
    @Manker.... I don't see any difference to wearing an English battle uniform from way back when we were just as bad. It's a fancy dress party ffs
    That is why I've been explaining to you the reasons as to why it is unacceptable.

I'm glad you now believe it's unacceptable to wear a swastika in public
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I dare say people would have been slightly miffed if for example Tony Blair had donned the same uniform and gotten himself photographed.

I think, though I'd rather it wasn't so, that people are upset because someone they consider a rolemodel, and someone with influence, strapped on the uniform what they consider to be the most evil coherent unit in modern times.

People wearing that uniform turned human beings into soap, ffs.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    So you would like to go to the place where your Grandmother or some other relation was brutally murdered?

Would that be like when there is a bike crash and the family leave flowers at the scene? Lots of people do that

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    That would be funny

See, this is what I'm saying, ok it's wrong, but I find it really funny when someone is such a position does something like this.

Anyway, you guys are refusing to see any of my points and seem to be twisting what I'm saying, I've said I thought it was wrong several times so I have agreed with you.

My points have not been whether what he done was right or wrong, but the overeaction of the Royals and the public to something which on the grand scale of things means absolutely fuck all.

He wore a fancy dress, big deal, he will apologise, end of story right?
    But no, it will be going on for ages and he will never be allowed to forget it.

Jonno

Jonno

5. Lounge   -   #55
    manker's Avatar effendi
    So you would like to go to the place where your Grandmother or some other relation was brutally murdered?

You would like to see reinactments on tv?

Personally I would'nt.

Jonno
    Yes I'd go to pay my respects.

I'd hate for it to be forgotten, wiped from history.

It may make me personally uncomfortable and upset me a little but it's all for ther greater good.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    Would that be like when there is a bike crash and the family leave flowers at the scene? Lots of people do that
    No, it would be like the mangled car is left there so everyone can see exactly how they died.

IMO anyway., I personally would not like to see somethng like that, I actually avoid a certain road in my town where a friend was killed on a bike due to the nature of how it happend and I find it upsetting. Plus the mark is still on the side of the road where his handlebar goudged some tarmac, this is 6 years later.

Jonno

7. Lounge   -   #57
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by jonno
    he will never be allowed to forget it.
    Jonno, that's a good thing.

We learn from our mistakes. He must learn from this and never do it again, if he forgets about it then the idiot may again do likewise.

8. Lounge   -   #58
    Skewing off topic here lol

@Manker...... yes thats your personal preference, I have mine to

Jonno

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    No, it would be like the mangled car is left there so everyone can see exactly how they died.
    Actually it wouldn't, auswitch is just a set of ruins, and schindler's list doesn't begin to describe exactly how it must have been like for those there.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    On the assumption that your "Bamp" is a member of your family, I 100% agree with your sentiment. I think this really was outrageous, with the only excuse being that he is just too thick to realize what a dreadfully insensitive thing it was to do. To say nothing of the fact that someone within his entourage must have seen it. He did not go to a shop buy this and wear it without anyone else seeing it. Having said that he may have been advised against it but wore it anyway.

The crap about Freddie Star etc is specious. They are mocking the people who commit these atrocities, not emulating them.

His Father is an idiot and his Grandfather is a racist idiot, his family is totally dysfunctional It is hardly surprising that he turned out not to understand how this would be seen.

I'm afraid that daft laddie syndrome does not excuse it when it's this bad.
    Yeah, Bamp is my Grandfather.

Obviously I can identify with your thoughts on this issue. I seriously cannot uphold the thinking of anyone who says 'it was only a costume'.

RF was talking of the Noblesse Oblige the other day

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast