Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A sad commentary on the current state of affairs

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Biggles-

It was just the point about dignity; she (like CBS/Rather) serves as a current exemplar of this relevent lack.

My head is fine.

Mr. Fugley-

If it is as you say between yours and ours (and I suspect that it is), I prefer yours.

The American public should be constantly enraged, but it is not; or at least not so stirred to action.

Off now; chores await.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Biggles-

It was just the point about dignity; she (like CBS/Rather) serves as a current exemplar of this relevent lack.

My head is fine.

Mr. Fugley-

If it is as you say between yours and ours (and I suspect that it is), I prefer yours.

The American public should be constantly enraged, but it is not; or at least not so stirred to action.

Off now; chores await.

Glad about the head - these would be cultural icons can be tricky to get out once they have wormed their way in. However, some hard wotk and chores do wonders.

I need to do likewise - seems like all my white goods are threatening to pack in at the same time - time for some essential maintenance - sigh!
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    I could argue special circumstances for Bush (EVERYBODY else was fooled, too)
    Fooled? A strange turn of phrase j2k4, don't you mean the rest of the world was lied to? Blair stated that he had seen unequivocal proof that WMDs existed, as there were none, the evidence was not therefore unequivocal; who showed him the proof?

The inspectors weren't fooled either, they knew there were none there, that's why Bush decided to invade before they had a chance to tell the world the truth. Now all we hear is "liberation" "freedom" "democracy", show me where Bush mentioned these things before the invasion.

He should have apologised and stepped down, or at least he should have apologised, admitted he was wrong and asked the people of America to forgive him and re-elect him to put things right. The fact that he didn't, that he piled lie upon lie shows what a snivelling piece of shit he is.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by UKResident
    Fooled? A strange turn of phrase j2k4, don't you mean the rest of the world was lied to? Blair stated that he had seen unequivocal proof that WMDs existed, as there were none, the evidence was not therefore unequivocal; who showed him the proof?

The inspectors weren't fooled either, they knew there were none there, that's why Bush decided to invade before they had a chance to tell the world the truth. Now all we hear is "liberation" "freedom" "democracy", show me where Bush mentioned these things before the invasion.

He should have apologised and stepped down, or at least he should have apologised, admitted he was wrong and asked the people of America to forgive him and re-elect him to put things right. The fact that he didn't, that he piled lie upon lie shows what a snivelling piece of shit he is.

HI, BILLY!!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    HI, BILLY!!
    My, my, l expect that sort of idiocy from the trolls j2k4, but from you? You disappoint me, a fuck and moment of madness in the space of two days. Billy will be pissing himself over this.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by UKResident
    My, my, l expect that sort of idiocy from the trolls j2k4, but from you? You disappoint me, a fuck and moment of madness in the space of two days. Billy will be pissing himself over this.
    My, my....aren't you mysterious?

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    EVERYBODY else was fooled, too
    No they weren't.

There were many members of this board sayiing that there werent for starters..

There were many countries saying there werent.

The inspectors were saying there werent.

Millions of people throughout the world were saying there weren't, publically in the largest demonstrations this planet has ever seen on one single issue...

So, no-one was fooled except the American people... because im damn sure that Bush knew there werent any too.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    No they weren't.

Millions of people throughout the world were saying there weren't, publically in the largest demonstrations this planet has ever seen on one single issue...

So, no-one was fooled except the American people... because im damn sure that Bush knew there werent any too.
    Define "weren't", Rat.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    No they weren't.

Actually, that is not true. I heard people protest war, but I never heard a single utterance that people knew there were no WMD.

Even on this forum, I can recall not a single pre-War post that stated that there were no WMD in Iraq. They simply stated that war was not the answer.

I think a link to millions of people pre-war stating definitively that there were no WMD is in order.

And how would they know?

Actually, I would like a single post by you stating such, then I will eat crow.

I am looking right now.

So far you authored no thread stating such. Now I will check as a contributor.

Couldn't find an article by the BBC, either.
    Last edited by hobbes; 01-30-2005 at 09:31 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast