Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medal Of Honor: European Assault not "Dogs of War"

Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    is it released yet? i think i might buy it today

No release yet, doubt there will be one and if there is it will be a few months down the line.

In terms of war games

MOH- 5/10
    COD- 9/10
    BiA- 9.5/10

if you liked COD this is just like it but with all the annoying things updated and removed, no longer does every guard die the same way, you cannot just run through the level, i tried and you [b]have to use[/c] cover and have to find alternate routes.

I'd say buy it dave.

EDIT: Oh released onto the high street legally? Im not sure, for some reason my spider-senses are telling me 13/15th of March, even though the US release was 3rd of March
    Last edited by Peerzy; 03-05-2005 at 03:45 PM.

2. Games   -   #12
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i meant has the pc one been released in the shops. i just checked and apparently it was on the 25th of february.

how about the level design. like in CoD you're tricked into thinking you're making decisions where as united offensive and MoH games it's hard not to notice how linear it is IMO anyway

3. Games   -   #13
    i meant has the pc one been released in the shops. i just checked and apparently it was on the 25th of february.

how about the level design. like in CoD you're tricked into thinking you're making decisions where as united offensive and MoH games it's hard not to notice how linear it is IMO anyway

Well a typical situation is trying to get from one end of a city to another, your walking down the main road when you see a sniper and guy with a big turret mounted machine gun up ahead, you take cover and use the map mode thingy to find an alternate route (you can take a few) and you flank your enemy and take them out. You can either do the flanking of you can order your men to flant while you provide fire. Its slightly linear as its nice for bits of wal to be placed for you to take cover and the map looks very realistic with bomb shells and stuff. Overall its not to linear but you arn't gonna be walking around somewhere for half an hour trying to find some stupid hole you have to get in. Also you dont have to flank people, you can find an alternate route and just not face a shootoff, if your low on health stealthy sneakage is sometimes good.

4. Games   -   #14
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    stealthy sneakage is sometimes good.
    exactly unfortantely i was sneaking past these 4 soldiers and an MG42 placement, and then i accidently pressed the grenade button, MG42 mowed me down damn you splinter cell!

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

5. Games   -   #15
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    playing two games at once is bound to hinder ability

6. Games   -   #16
    playing two games at once is bound to hinder ability
    You would think so wouldn't you

7. Games   -   #17
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    actually it doesnt, it's a vague attempt of connecting the 2 games together even they dont have anything to do with anything.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12