Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: X-Files 2 Gets Closer

Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Frohike
    No ones been in talks with me yet

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Mulder, Scully ready for 2nd 'X-Files' flick

Can you handle the truth? It's about to be out there again. Plans haven't been announced, but they're under way for another "X-Files" movie, which will reunite David Duchovny as Special Agent Fox Mulder with Gillian Anderson as Special Agent Dana Scully.

"I'd like to shoot next winter," Duchovny told GLARE this week.

Of course, there has been quite a lag since the last "X-Files" film in 1998. "We did the first movie while the show was still running. It was madness. It was like a full 22 months in a row of just shooting 'X-Files,' " Duchovny recalled. "It was crazy for all of us."

Afterward, there also was a little "X-Files" backlash. "When the show ended, it was our time for people to turn on us and say, 'Oh, the show lost it,' " said an upfront Duchovny. "Now, it's years later and time for people to remember how great the show was. Now, I hear, 'We're sorry we ever said you lost it. Come back. But is it still true you and Gillian don't get along? We need to know.' "

Well?

"We get along fine," Duchovny insists. "We e-mail each other all the time."

As for plot secrets of the new "X-Files" movie, he said, "It will be like one of our stand-alone episodes instead of about topics such as Mulder's sister or the whole alien conspiracy. It will be more like we'll have a creature, a thing, a bad guy. But it won't be your average run-of-the-mill bad guy. He will be paranormal, weird and a megabad guy. And Mulder and Scully will be on it.

"I see the next movie as a thriller in the vein of 'Silence of the Lambs,' " he says. "That will be different from the first movie, which was more about the aliens."

He hopes to hook new fans, too. "Pardon the pun, but we don't want to alienate people who don't know about the show. We want to draw in people with this film who have never watched the show."

Speaking of which, guess who watches the show now on TNT? Yes, it's Mulder himself. "When we were making the episodes, I'd say, 'Wow, some of them aren't so good.' But now it's on TNT. I'll be flipping around. I'll see one and say to my wife Tea [Leoni], 'This is really good. And I don't even remember the story, so I'm going to watch the whole thing.' I'll get involved and -- honestly -- I don't remember what happens next.

"Mostly, I'll sit there thinking, 'Mulder and Scully are cool. They have that elusive thing -- chemistry," says Duchovny. He also found chemistry with his wife, who stars in his directorial film debut "House of D," which opens April 29.
    source

A pathetic interview, but still.....very good

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Frank Spotnitz, co-executive producer of The X-Files, told SCI FI Wire that a second feature film based on the television series is still in the works. "My deal has been done—and I'm not exaggerating—for a year and a half," he said in an interview at the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills, Calif., where he was promoting his new series, Night Stalker. "There are other deals, and you can guess who the people are [who are] involved, and I don't know why they're taking so long. It's very frustrating to me. I hoped the movie would be done now."

Spotnitz said that the lack of a deal has so far prevented him and creator Chris Carter from writing the script, but they know what the story will be and are looking forward to writing it. "Obviously, I'm very busy right now, but it means a lot to me," he said. "I would love to do it, and I wish that we could get all the business things in order so it could happen. ... These are things that happen between lawyers, and I'm not privy to it because it's not my deal. But I know [stars] David [Duchovny] and Gillian [Anderson] want to do it. I know Chris wants to do it. I don't know where the holdup is. But I hope it happens. I remain optimistic it will happen. If you'd asked me a year ago, I never would have believed it still wouldn't be in the works at this point." Spotnitz's new show, Night Stalker, premieres Thursday, Sept. 29, at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
    :impatientfoottapping:

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    heh i havent seen gillian in so long its pathetic. thanks all for the info about region 2 sets.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Spotnitz Writing X-Files 2

Frank Spotnitz, the mastermind behind much of the mythology of The X-Files, told SCI FI Wire that he has signed on to help write the next movie based on the hit series, but that the new movie won't deal with the show's byzantine conspiracy arc. "There's still a very good chance that we will all do another X-Files movie," Spotnitz said in an interview. Spotnitz was an executive producer on the show, which starred David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson; it ended its nine-year run in 2002.

One point of contention in getting a second X-Files film off the ground: Series creator Chris Carter is still wrangling with 20th Century Fox over legal matters. "David, Gillian and I, and even Chris Carter, all have deals in place, and once the legal issues are over with, we will go on with it," Spotnitz said. "I'm hoping it will get resolved soon."

Although the script isn't written, the idea is already developed, Spotnitz said. He added that Fox likes the idea, which harkens back to the series' stand-alone episodes rather than the conspiracy to cover up the existence of extra-terrestrials, which was the subject of the first X-Files movie.

"No, we're not going into the mythology [in the sequel]," Spotnitz said. "One of the things that was exciting about doing it is to not make it a mythology story, and it's like one of the stand-alone episodes. It's a bit scary. Of course, we will catch up with the characters and what is going on in their lives, but it's not about the alien conspiracy. It's not about that." The first X-Files movie came out in 1998.
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=36201

Fook The World!1111

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    chojin's Avatar In Hell With SaTan
    Oh Wow, I loved the X-Files. I remember when they came out on Video and they cost £90 each, I brought them all. Then the DVD's season 1 and 2 came out and I got them from DVDBoxoffice in Canada for $166 CA EACH. Choices a couple of months a go were having a SciFi sale and I got the remaining 7 DVD BoxSets for £12.99 EACH OMG :0

I, like ApacNTS said, lost interest when Spooky left and the story fell apart for me. I love the first movie and sit and watch it hypnotised seen it now 30 - 40 times I don't know I lost count
    ---------
    SYSTEM
    ---------
    AMD 3800x2 64BIT
    ASUS A8N SLI PREMIUM
    3GB Corsair TwinX 3200 Cas 2
    XFX 7800GT Extreem
    2 x 250GB Samsung SATA2 7200 8MB
    160GB WD HDD External
    120GB WD HDD External
    520W HyperPower
    19" IIyama VM 451 Pro
    WIN XP64
    10MB BBI

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by chojin
    I, like ApacNTS said, lost interest when Spooky left and the story fell apart for me.
    How Very Dare You! the story did not "fall apart", it moved on and developed, from colonization and intervention to super soldiers - which was hinted at in earlier seasons so its not even like they just made it up as they went along. And Doggett & Reyes were brilliant. fact.

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    chojin's Avatar In Hell With SaTan
    nar the show was nothing without Spooky

---------
    SYSTEM
    ---------
    AMD 3800x2 64BIT
    ASUS A8N SLI PREMIUM
    3GB Corsair TwinX 3200 Cas 2
    XFX 7800GT Extreem
    2 x 250GB Samsung SATA2 7200 8MB
    160GB WD HDD External