Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IE6 v. Firefox

Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    I forgot to add, you can't play music videos at yahoo.launch.com on Firefox either, not to mention any other kinds of streamed, embedded videos.

I can play most imbedded videos fine, Shockwave and java is good to. Quicktime doesnt load but i have the Load this page in IE extension. Also XML pages are fucked because the webpage is written for IE and IE alone meaning other browsers have to try there hardest to read some badly written code aimed at a browser with little to no secruity updates.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume
    Advantages:
    Pop up blocker.
    Open source.
    Tabbed browsing.
    Extensions.
    Dozens of skins.

Disadvantages:
    First load slow.
    Can be a resource hog.
    The mere fact that I don't have to go through all the tweaking is reason enough that I don't use FireFox.

I have a popup blocker (which is easy to come by) and a tabbed interface on IE. I also can change to different skins.

I have no hassles whatsoever yet FireFox users have had to tinker with their "settings".

Right now it's IE for me. I wasn't that impressed with FireFox.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    I install and use, i spend maybe 5-10minutes after each re-install of Windows grabbing my themes and extensions that just add to the pleasure of using Firefox, i need no setup time to have it up and running 30 times better than IE. It even imports your favourites and what not from that plague of a browser.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    The mere fact that I don't have to go through all the tweaking is reason enough that I don't use FireFox.

I have a popup blocker (which is easy to come by) and a tabbed interface on IE. I also can change to different skins.

I have no hassles whatsoever yet FireFox users have had to tinker with their "settings".

Right now it's IE for me. I wasn't that impressed with FireFox.

I think thats what most FF users like . Its the tweaking part and just adding options that "WE" want . I admit its not for everyone , but its not just for power users either. Simple extenions add ons are a joy , If I don't like it it I uninstall. EG: Mouse cursers or popup blockers . I think what I'm trying to say is we have a choice , were not limited like some IE users.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    I think thats what most FF users like . Its the tweaking part and just adding options that "WE" want . I admit its not for everyone , but its not just for power users either. Simple extenions add ons are a joy , If I don't like it it I uninstall. EG: Mouse cursers or popup blockers . I think what I'm trying to say is we have a choice , were not limited like some IE users.
    I haven't seen enough add-ons to warrant a switch or headache.

Almost the same shit that's on FF I can get for IE.

I have tabbed browsing and it is most nice.

It seems there are many users that don't know about FF and many FF users that don't know that the same shit can be had in IE.

I remember many users switching to MYIE2 for tabbed browsing while I sat quietly with a tabbed IE browser.
    Last edited by Busyman; 04-27-2005 at 02:03 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    I install and use, i spend maybe 5-10minutes after each re-install of Windows grabbing my themes and extensions that just add to the pleasure of using Firefox, i need no setup time to have it up and running 30 times better than IE. It even imports your favourites and what not from that plague of a browser.
    Why do you reinstall Windows?

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Have you tryed reinstalling ?

@sara , just guessing here but do you have adblock inabled ? I can't post smilies unless I disable adblock ! Don't know why either, because some times it works sometimes not.

I will give the adblock disable thingy a go.

I am using version 1.0 atm as 1.03 misbehaved. I will reinstall and see if that helps if that doesn't work.

Erm....stupid question...but how do I disable adblock without having to uninstall it?
    Last edited by sArA; 04-27-2005 at 07:46 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Why do you reinstall Windows?

I mean like when installing a new hard drive i do a fresh Windows install, when im upgrading friends computers from 98 to XP or building computers and installing Windows as an OS.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara
    Erm....stupid question...but how do I disable adblock without having to uninstall it?
    /pats Sara on the head.

Tools>Extensions , right-click on adblock, choose "disable", restart FF.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume
    /pats Sara on the head.

Tools>Extensions , right-click on adblock, choose "disable", restart FF.

Oooooh! You patronising bastard!

Ta for the help...I was looking at the adblock bit and didn't notice the extensions bit....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast