Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PSP Cracked

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    isn't the psx a burner?

2. Games   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    isn't the psx a burner?
    Yes, the PSX as in the PS2 media center that was released in Japan can burn dvds.

3. Games   -   #13
    I wonder if they'll release special disks that you can pop in and out of the UMD to burn on the computer. Like a blank UMD, and after you burn it on the PC, you just stick it into the little plastic thing. It wouldn't be too hard to do, really.

4. Games   -   #14
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalTheorem
    I wonder if they'll release special disks that you can pop in and out of the UMD to burn on the computer. Like a blank UMD, and after you burn it on the PC, you just stick it into the little plastic thing. It wouldn't be too hard to do, really.
    yeah, btu it would cost them a fourtune in game sales, there trying to make it harder to to copy games, not hand it on a plate to you.

5. Games   -   #15
    Oh, I don't mean Sony, I mean some smart engineers who can manufacture and sell the parts and instructions on how to make your own. I'm sure it'd be illegal though.

6. Games   -   #16
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    i think i'd be illegal too

7. Games   -   #17
    http://www.ps2nfo.com/

BREAKiNG NEWS: Homebrew on v1.50 PSP! Posted By: PS2NFO.COM On Yesterday 02:22 AM
    Update #2: PaWsTick from the PsP-Dev Team has now confirmed that their exploit does NOT run on v1.51 firmware either, so $ony did a nice quick job of fixing their 1.50 holes it appears. On the bright side, many in the USA already have a v1.50 PSP... and those who don't can still run out and grab one without the fear of it being a later firmware version for the time being.

Update: PaWsTick from the PsP-Dev Team has now confirmed that their exploit does NOT run on v1.52 firmware. They haven't tested it on v1.51 yet, but rest assured we'll mirror a news update here with the results when they do. I'm glad I didn't update my firmware though beyond v1.50 just in case.

CybBlade of our Forums (and iRC EFnet #PS2Ownz) confirmed tonight that PsP-Dev now have a working v1.50 exploit for running "homebrew" or unsigned code from it, similar to what NEM did for v1.00 firmware PSP users. A brief video of this in action can be found on their Web site HERE for those interested, and on 6/15/2005 (15:00 GMT+1) they plan to publically disclose the method used in Tutorial format to the world! We at Team PS2NFO congratulate our Spanish affiliates, and look forward to LOTS of nice "homebrew" releases to follow along with even more UMD dumps! Please post all related feedback on this VERY COOL news in THIS on-going Forum thread. Finally, we'd like to make it known that the legitimacy of this news has already been 100% confirmed by myself via high-ranking scene elders... so no, this is NOT another "fake video" nor publicity stunt- it's REAL!
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

8. Games   -   #18
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    omg whats this mean its up for download now and it actually works on 1.5 us version?

9. Games   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncmaster
    if you could burn UMD's that would go against sonys stand on piracy.
    uh, nuts to that. Sony have sold cassette recorders, vcrs, dvd burners, etc. there will prolly be UMD and Blu-Ray burners eventually, as well. as long as people buy recorders, Sony will sell them.

10. Games   -   #20
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Quote Originally Posted by n18
    Quote Originally Posted by suprafreak6
    omfg i want to burn games......i dont want to have to put games on a memory stick because thats dumb....(1-1gb stick-150$ cant even hold 1 game.) I hope they make it so u can use the psp to burn the stuff onto the umd that would be pimped out

that would mean PSP-MUSIC,PHOTO,BURNER,VIDEO,HANDHELD GAMING
    so awesome
    the psp cant burn umds...thats like asking yuour xbox or gamecube to burn dvds for you... no way. Doesnt the PSP have usb? maybe something like connecting a HD thru USB to get games to play...
    Then that eliminates the idea of "handheld gaming" if you are tethered to your computer just to play games. If the PSP had some sort of mini hdd built into that would be cool, instead of buying the frigging expensive memory stick.

I was just wondering. Do miniDVD's fit inside of the UMD drive in the PSP?
    Last edited by orcutt989; 06-14-2005 at 02:40 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast