Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hard drive in ps2

Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerrought
    k, cuz i have a western digital 4 GB sittin here and i want to use it as a memory card for my ps2. all i need is the network adapter and it will work then?
    no, i tried that.
    the plugs inside of the network adaptor are in a fixed place, so they won't line up with any hardware.
    You might get lucky, but i wouldn't take the chance buying the network adaptor if u have no other use for it, unless you're going to buy the ps2 harddrive.
    if you're willing to void the warranty on the network adapter, you can make "slightly ill-fitting" hard drives fit (models which normally wouldn't). you just need to unscrew the aluminum frame from the network adapter, use scissors or metal-cutters or whatever to snip it a little bit (if necessary) so that the molex power connector has room to move around. then unscrew the molex connector so it's no longer in a fixed position relative to the IDE connector, and reattach the aluminum frame.

sure, the molex is now "detached" but if you have an HDD installed then who cares? the HDD keeps it from rattling around. and this gives you more choices as far as brands & models of HDDs that you can use.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 10-22-2005 at 07:14 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123