Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: System Stability

Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Now all I can say is what the fuck is going on. I finally got this thing to boot with both sticks in the dual channel slots, 1 and 2, and it only reads 512 mb of memory, after dual channel it should say 2 gigs.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Tomarrow I call ABIT, pen and pad ready to take down names and ready to ask for supervisors. If they say this motherboard has to be replaced, oh god can only help them, I will raise hell, and I am not paying another 8 dollars for shipping or waiting 2 weeks.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman
    Now all I can say is what the fuck is going on. I finally got this thing to boot with both sticks in the dual channel slots, 1 and 2, and it only reads 512 mb of memory, after dual channel it should say 2 gigs.
    It won't say 2GB because you haven't got 2GB, but it should certainly be saying 1GB.

Have you done as clocker suggested and tried one stick at a time? Try it with one stick in slot 1. If that's ok, try it with the other stick in slot 1. If it is still ok, try it with the first stick in slot 2 (and slot 1 empty). That way you rule out any possibility that you've blown one of your memory sticks, and you also check out both slots 1 & 2. Probably a good idea to check out slot 3 while you are at it.

Btw, I thought the dual channel slots were 1 & 3, not 1 & 2, but I may be mistaken.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Yeah I tried both sticks, and I before the rma it said 2048mb of memory.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    lynx's Avatar .
    Yeah I tried both sticks, and I before the rma it said 2048mb of memory.
    I can't understand how it can possibly say that if you've only got 1GB memory.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Yeah I thought that too, but I figured that with twice the bandwith maybe it just thought it was 2 gigs, never thought that much about it. But thats not the problem at hand. Im gonna take off the overclock now, and try the memory again I forgot to do that, if that doesn't work I'm gonna call abit.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Ok well Im formatting it now, I don't like windows media center, I think that's part of the problem, at least on the software side, I can get the thing to boot with a stick in slot 1, or slot 3, or 1 in slot 1 and 2 which only reads 512mb, or 1 and 3 which reads 1 gig, so thats good. I'll call abit tomarrow when they open and let you guys know.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    *insert every curseword imaginable* 4 Fucking days Im trying to ge a hold of these duech bags. Saturday, closed, Sunday, Still closed. Monday got a hold of tech support, yeah your gonna have to talk to the RMA dept about sending it in, Call the rma dept, busy, dial 0 for operator, hits 0, busy, dial 0 for operator. And the same thing today.

Im am ready to kill.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    *insert every curseword imaginable*

Im am ready to kill.
    I'll bet being abusive and hostile to them will really make them want to help you, too.

Having a coronary whilst on the phone should lend quite a bit of creedance to your claims also.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Yeah, well when your mad you don't think rationally. But anyway they just scored some major points. They called me noticing that I was going to file an RMA but hadn't in 24 hours, and told me im eligable for a 2nd RMA, they'll second day ship me a motherboard replacment and a box with shipping lables to ship back this first one. So they broke even and no one got hurt.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast