Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anti Mosquito Software

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by gripper103.2
    Quote Originally Posted by 99%

borderlineraceism?
    Only border line?
    I've been borderline sexist all night so ... in for a penny, in for a pound.

I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    Do mosquitos have feelings?
    yes - however they only feel when they suck your blood
    which goes along the lines of;
    "ahhh yeah baby, take that you bitch, im gonaa suck you dry, does it hurt does it muwahahhahaha"

3. Lounge   -   #23
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    wow, will give this a try lol

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    is there a lot of mosquitos in canada?

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Do I have to take my 'puter outside?

yo

6. Lounge   -   #26
    iamtheoneandonlyone's Avatar Andromeda Ascendant
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Do I have to take my 'puter outside?
    Eh...just make sure you have a long extension cord.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Sorry to burst any bubbles, but even if this wasn't the blatant scam that it clearly is, ultrasonic mosquito repellents have been scientifically tested and simply do not work..

Repelling Devices
    At least 10 studies in the past 15 years have unanimously denounced ultrasonic devices as having no repellency value whatsoever. Yet, consumers flock in droves to hardware stores to purchase these contraptions. Why?

The discovery that mosquitoes locate mates in mating swarms via wingbeat frequency generated a great deal of research into ultrasound as a potential source of environmentally friendly control. Yet, all attempts to affect mosquito behavior by ultrasound fizzled, despite enormous amounts of money spent on research and development. To be sure, the clever, high-tech and imperceptible (by humans) use of ultrasound proved to be an exceedingly effective marketing tool for the repeller manufacturers.

Homeowners were urged to buy ultrasonic repellers and the like to rid their houses of pests without the need to inhale "even one breath of poisonous spray." This appeal to the public's chemophobia, while extremely effective in diverting attention away from proven preventive and control measures (and toward their repeller products), has undermined an unbiased review of the subject by consumers desperate for a clean, effective, nonchemical means of mosquito control. Unfortunately, no such miracle cure exists. A pioneering study testing five different ultrasonic devices against four mosquito species convincingly demonstrated that ultrasound in the 20-70 kHz range used by these devices had no effect on reorienting flight by female mosquitoes either toward or away from human subjects. Additional tests have shown that sound generators capable of a wide range of frequencies were also ineffective in repelling mosquitoes. The fact is that these devices just do not work -- marketing claims to the contrary.
    Source : http://www.vnh.org/NHB/HW9421Mosquito2.html

The other category of mosquito control devices are the sonic and ultrasonic repellers. Sonic repellers were first marketed in the 1970s. They purported to imitate the flight sound of a male mosquito and worked on the assumption that a mated female mosquito would avoid further contact with males. Other devices were supposed imitate the flight sounds of dragonflies. Although testimonials as to their effectiveness abound, most of these devices have been tested in the laboratory or field and have shown no repellency.

More recently ultrasonic repellers have been developed, which purport to mimic the sounds made by bats. These also have been tested in controlled experiments and found ineffective in reducing mosquito biting rates
    Source : http://www.ext.colostate.edu/westnile/mosquito_mgt.html

8. Lounge   -   #28
    manker's Avatar effendi
    So I can uninstall it now
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    So I can uninstall it now
    Might as well wait now, until every stray dog in the neighbourhood is scratching at your front door...

10. Lounge   -   #30
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Shh, don't mention dogs, you'll have Chebus upset and arky excited

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast