Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Luck Liv'pool

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati
    I have to admit it's a good solution but something doesn't feel that right about it, having to fight for what's rightfully theirs anyway.
    That's the point, it isn't rightfully theirs.

UEFA gave the FA the places. The FA decided how they would be allocated. Liverpool don't get a place.

Had the FA ruling been fourth place team, unless an English team wins the competition and failed to finish in the first three in the Premiership.

They didn't, so Liverpool do not rightfully get a place.

2. Sports Club   -   #122
    manboy

Your numberage is as ever implacable.

However the idea was to play an extra qualifier. Then only one of the teams would go into the qualifiers proper and the arithmetic of the competition would be uninfected.

3. Sports Club   -   #123
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    manboy

However the idea was to play an extra qualifier. Then only one of the teams would go into the qualifiers proper and the arithmetic of the competition would be uninfected.
    So play a team that had already qualified for the first qualifying round?

Yeah, that'd work

Seems like a sensible solution provided the team playing Liverpool are kewl with it, which they clearly are as they suggested it.

Damn. Now I've only got my hatred of all things Scouse as a reason why they shouldn't compete next year.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Sports Club   -   #124
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    manboy

Yeah, that'd work

Seems like a sensible solution provided the team playing Liverpool are kewl with it, which they clearly are as they suggested it.

Damn. Now I've only got my hatred of all things Scouse as a reason why they shouldn't compete next year.

You could also get on some sort of parochial "high horse" re a poor Welsh team prostituting itself to suurvive, in the "cut-throat" world that is modern football.

5. Sports Club   -   #125
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7

Look at it this way manks - If true & made concrete, this means that Liverpool has an additional match for next year's CL.

Which means another match Liverpool have to win to defend the title.

Which means another match they could potentially lose and crash out of the CL in humiliation

6. Sports Club   -   #126
    manker's Avatar effendi

Yeah, that'd work

You could also get on some sort of parochial "high horse" re a poor Welsh team prostituting itself to suurvive, in the "cut-throat" world that is modern football.
    I've just phoned my mate to give him the bad news. He's suggested we find out which team has bent over for Liverpool's benefit and smash their windows until they reconsider their indecent proposal.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Sports Club   -   #127
    manker's Avatar effendi

Look at it this way manks - If true & made concrete, this means that Liverpool has an additional match for next year's CL.

Which means another match they could potentially lose and crash out of the CL in humiliation
    Now that has made me feel slightly better

8. Sports Club   -   #128

I've just phoned my mate to give him the bad news. He's suggested we find out which team has bent over for Liverpool's benefit and smash their windows until they reconsider their indecent proposal.
    Nah, stick to the traditional Welsh ways.

Last edited by JPaul; 05-26-2005 at 05:37 PM.

9. Sports Club   -   #129
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7

Now that has made me feel slightly better
    Thought it might

BTW while watching ITV's coverage of the parade, word from an interview from someone with the FA is that the Liverpool thing are exceptional circumstances and will be asking EUFA is there's an exceptional way Liverpool can go through.

Not trying to fan the flames from before, just saying what the latest words seem to be (still no word on the Welsh team's offer, which is weird considering the british media )

EDIT: They are, they aren't, they are, they are...Oh sod this. I'm waiting until either the FA or UEFA start an announcement on what happens.
    Last edited by Illuminati; 05-26-2005 at 06:40 PM.

10. Sports Club   -   #130
    One thing I think is certain, Everton will get to play in the tournament.

I think anything else would be totally untenable.
    Last edited by JPaul; 05-26-2005 at 07:04 PM.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast