Thread: Need heatsinks and silencing

true_neo's Avatar The Dark Lord Revan
    I am going to make the following purchases as summer holidays approaches, and I need some brand advice:
    * Heatsinks
    * Silencing

I am unsure if you need case specs to give me proper advice, but the case can fit 5x 80mm fans and I plan to use them all (1x side, 2x back, 2x front). The case also has a built-in LCD temp measurer and fan control, max 1.2A.
    So what I need is some good heatsinks and other parts I need to make my computer as silent as possible.
    Comp specs in my zig.

PS: Im a hardware n00b
    PPS: One of my fans in the back ain't moving, is there any way to enable this from the BIOS/Windows? Or is it a cable mistake?
    Sage goes in the signature field.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by true_neo
    So what I need is some good heatsinks and other parts I need to make my computer as silent as possible.
    Comp specs in my zig.
    If you are at all serious about silence AND cooling you're gonna have to lose the 80mm fans.
    All those whirring, whining little bastards could be replaced by two 120mm fans which would move more air at lower volume.
    For your supernova CPU, either a Thermalright XP-series heatsink or (my personal fave) an Arctic Cooling Freezer should do the trick.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg