Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Longhorn 5203 Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Personally im liking the way Longhorn is going. The OS itself is fine, and does what it needs to do, no real need to overhall it, but the visuals on XP although being much better than 98 still leave alot to the imagination.
    What, 'cos it has too much clothes on?

I like my OS fully clothed thank you. No illigal OS pr0n for me

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Read something awhile back about three different visual settings can't find it now but here's the gist .

The Longhorn desktop is being drawn in a completely different way than all previous versions. Every window will have its own, full window-sized surface to draw to. The desktop will be dynamically composed many times a second from the contents of each window. The goal for desktop composition is to enable compelling new visual effects for both the Windows user interface and for applications created by third-party developers shown on increasingly affordable high-density displays.

The Longhorn Display Driver Model allows for the visual effects seen on a user's desktop to scale relative to the available graphics hardware. For example, the experience of viewing Longhorn on hardware with capabilities equivalent to a high end DirectX® 9-compliant graphics chip will be much richer than Longhorn displayed on baseline legacy graphics hardware.

For Longhorn, graphics requirements for desktop experiences are defined in relation to differentiated experiences:

Aero Glass experience: Delivers the full-fidelity Longhorn user experience on the desktop, including support for 3D graphics and animation.

Aero experience: Delivers the minimum hardware acceleration and desktop composition for the Longhorn user experience.

Classic experience: Equivalent to Windows 2000 capabilities, using software rendering.
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-14-2005 at 12:25 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12