Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happened to Dave's Account?

MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Have you tried taking off these banned IP's because of Bob? That might work.

TheDave's IP seems to change at least once a week going by my board logs.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Please lift the ban from the IP he is using because it's not really fair for him to get punished for what some other user did.
    That's the fairest way to deal with I think, then TheDave can go around to Bob's house and punch him in the ovaries.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    lynx's Avatar .
    TheDave has been using the same IP on here for just over a month, but has used different one's before that.

If, as you seem to suggest, he has the ability to change his IP then why doesn't he simply do that?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    TheDave has been using the same IP on here for just over a month, but has used different one's before that.

If, as you seem to suggest, he has the ability to change his IP then why doesn't he simply do that?
    I don't think he does have the ability to change it himself, rather it gets changed at random intervals by his ISP.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx

I didn't suggest that. He's tried using proxies and has rebooted several times.

There is nothing sinister going on here. Just that we need the mod's help to enable an established member to access the board.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    My ISP does the same, I think my IP just changed after having been the same for months.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    We are working on it at the moment, although perhaps Dave could help by contacting his ISP and asking if he can change his IP or something?

we are trying to find a way of banning one without banning the other, which is proving pretty tricky especially as Bob and Dave both posted within 30 mins of each other with the same IP around the time Bob was banned which is rather odd......

8. Lounge   -   #28
    manker's Avatar effendi
    It's not that odd if you know they live within a few miles of each other, use the same ISP so were probably connected tho' the same proxy used by one of the ISP's hubs.

Anyway, even if this is resolved by Dave's IP switching, it's likely to rear it's head again when he gets connected to one of the IPs or proxies already banned by the team.

I don't think it's common practice to ban IP numbers, is it? Obviously Billy's isn't IP banned so why not say that 'BoB!1!' is banned but lift the IP ban on the particular address which is affecting Dave.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    The most sensible option would be to unban the IP address and monitor the situation. I don't think anyone is suggesting that TheDave is Bob just that there are a few oddities in the situation due to their proximity and same ISP.

Unless Bob is doing something heinous like trying to hack the board then I'm not sure why an IP ban is even needed. He wasn't even that a prolific poster here and I'm sure he's gone off to pester other boards with his idiocy. At worst he'd just be a fly-by-night nuisance like Billy Dean and a few other banned members. Easily ignored and re-banned.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 07-19-2005 at 01:45 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    WTFux is going on?

*mine, not dave's.
    Last edited by Snee; 07-19-2005 at 03:44 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast