Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So this is parenting

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    There needs to be alot more parents like busyman. If your tough with littleones when they are little they wont fuck around as much when they get older.

I have seen 10 year olds that own there parents. If the kid wants something its easier for the parent to give in, than to enforce the rules. Its like these kids on that new reality show Brat Camp. Some of those kids need there parents to beat the crap put of them. Theres that 15 year old girl thats a compulsive liar that cries when she does not get what she wants. How could the parents let it get this bad?
    Last edited by Smith; 07-24-2005 at 05:31 PM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanuk
    There needs to be alot more parents like busyman. If your tough with littleones when they are little they wont fuck around as much when they get older.

I have seen 10 year olds that own there parents. If the kid wants something its easier for the parent to give in, than to enforce the rules. Its like these kids on that new reality show Brat Camp. Some of those kids need there parents to beat the crap put of them. Theres that 15 year old girl thats a compulsive liar that cries when she does not get what she wants. How could the parents let it get this bad?
    The bad part is you can do everything that you consider right and your child turn out to be a demon seed.

If you shelter them to much, you run the risk of them going hog wild when they get a taste of "freedom".

Start too late then it's....well... too late.

I noticed when children don't get things easy, they appreciate things more (actually that applies to almost anyone). You must try to instill the feeling of accomplishment in a child.

I know when I was in school (Science and Tech program) I was one of few that did schoolwork at the last minute 'cause I was fuckin' around in the street or getttin' some pussy. Meanwhile, almost everyone else in my classes were finished with the current leg of Research Practicum or calculus. I almost didn't graduate 'cause of attendence. The guidance counselor started calling the house everytime I skipped school.

My mother just didn't really pay enough attention nor lay enough ground rules when I was younger. I wish she did.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Now to get the TV out of her room (not my idea ).
    Who's idea was it to get the TV out of her room.

As Dave said - you're a right bar-steward, btw.
    Bad wording on my part.

It's my idea to remove the TV.

TV has become a babysitter.

The fella that sat behind me at work (he just quit to work for ABC), didn't grow up TV and he seems better off for it.

I'd love the TV to stay if there were more educational shows on there.

All she likes is Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, and Noggin.

She is getting used to me giving her homework though. I'm getting her to add and subtract now.

That suck ass "day care center" (can't call it a school) is wayyyy too slow. They use that babysitter TV too. Why don't they CHALLENGE THE KIDS!!!??? It's not hard to make it fun.

It seems I'm going to have to either make enough money to get her in a really good school or some kinda way, home school her.
    Last edited by Busyman; 07-24-2005 at 07:59 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    That little girl is lucky she has you encouraging her and helping her to understand that the world does not owe her, but that she must make her own way with her own efforts. (Well, that's pretty much how I read what you put)

I just hope she will also get sufficient freedom in her choices too, even if they aren't the best ones, as learning from our own mistakes is just as valuable as guidance from even the most loving parent.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara
    That little girl is lucky she has you encouraging her and helping her to understand that the world does not owe her, but that she must make her own way with her own efforts. (Well, that's pretty much how I read what you put)

I just hope she will also get sufficient freedom in her choices too, even if they aren't the best ones, as learning from our own mistakes is just as valuable as guidance from even the most loving parent.
    Believe or not, I don't micro-manage much. I remember when she was doing writing her letters awhile back. I showed how to do it and she did her own way. After awhile I showed her a better way.

I also like her to be very creative (since that's how I was). I want her to excel in normal academia but also be able draw, sculpt, make music, or do whateverthefuck. I believe it makes for a more well-rounded individual and also opens more avenues of revenue streams for herself as she gets older.

I always liked the fact that I could play 4 instruments and drew very well, even though I don't currently make a career out of it.
    Last edited by Busyman; 07-25-2005 at 11:26 AM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    I think the kid should've given whatever his mother wanted when she first asked 10 mins before the fight started.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Its the way she handled it, i have never seen a parent yell like that before. Calling you kid names dont help either

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Its the way she handled it, i have never seen a parent yell like that before. Calling you kid names dont help either

Your still young I think ? Wait a couple years then judge . Wosres feeling in world when you give up jobs and promotions to spend time with your love of your life ,and the little shit treats you badly . A real eye opener I must admit , respect is a two street . But your supose to be an adult and know better , their still sowing their oats. They'll come around in time . Life is a long road I'm still ashamed for what I did to my dear mum and the grief I put her thru Funny thing is were so close now .

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    meh. he's used to it. the words don't hurt at all because he knows later on she makes his dinner and he does the dishes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123