Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UltraViolet

Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Thats sad to hear, I was pretty stoked when I saw the preview for this one... Though I suppose with the scope of movies released lately, this one is probably still what I'll see this Sunday... ( I go to the theatre every Sunday. )

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mon1
    I thought it was watchable for the action scenes, bit of a pointless plot but mila is quite convincing as a weird vampire woman, comparable to aeon flux in terms of a sexy woman who kicks ass. I guess it could be considered as a female rambo figure. But i guess over use of cgi destroys any likely hood of realism that as well as the fact that the plot didn't really have any depth means that this isn't a film that should be paid for!
    I fianly got around to watching it, the action was terrible.

Lets some it up.... She walks in a room, a bunch of people surround her, she spins around, rolls on the floor a couple times, the bad guys die, and repeat for 2 hours.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    testing..

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    i think it was so cleche action and over done cgi, i mean ive enjoyed animated movies more than that cgi work. milla did well and pulled off the stunts well. the rest of the actors werent that good at all, the stuntman who she beat the hell out of were way to rigid and showed themselves just waiting for her to hit them, not fluid at all. the main villian was a joke. if your thinking of seeing this..dont, rent it later.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Sorry to disagree with you guyz, I thought it was brilliant
    the sound score was excellent, so pumped up and exagerrated it adds to the artificiality of the movie. The way they filmed it was the closest i have seen a cartoon depiction stay within the realms of cartoones.
    It reminds somewhat of Aeon Flux style, but aeon flux is way to empty, in ultraviolet they flatened it out more so it works.
    Do not watch a cam, there is an excellent version on bittorent. Use headphones or loud speakers.
    as for the story i don't care...

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Was going to watch this after seeing the commercials. However decided to take a quick look at IMDb and saw the low rating. The rating didnt throw me off yet as was suprised at how it was so decided to take a look at the trailer and gaaged at how awful it looked. Seems not watching this turned out to be a wise choice...

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    I'm watching it now and its quite frankly stunning, I thought they'd stopped making films this bad years ago.
    Check out the first scene
    Power rangers?

(NB i recompressed it which is why the quality is shite, the original telesync is good quality)
    Last edited by ilw; 06-24-2006 at 02:06 PM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    finnbar's Avatar The Old Guy
    Not as bad as some critics make out but it really has an almost non existant storyline. Could have been so much better.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Never really watched it, I got hold of it for a mate, but I think it was either flluds, isohunt, or torrentspy that there is a full dvd screener version avalible on.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    in retro spect they should have cut it down to a 3 min music video.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast