Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Engerland v Jamaica

Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by nerval
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    So scoring goals, you chaps aren't interested in that. Looking good, that's more important.
    Not at all, but when has Crouch ever scored when it mattered?

Bandwagonning cliches and drivel
    How often has he played for Engerland in a game that mattered?

As far as I am aware and I could be wrong, he has played 7 times for Engerland and scored 5 goals. If you want to say that they were in meaningless friendlies then we'll adjust the statstics for Owen, Shearer etc as well.

How many people have scored a hat trick for Engerland, in a friendly or otherwise?

Fuck sake, give the guy a chance before you say he's rubbish in real competitive matches.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I turned the game on @ 5-0 and thought wow . Who is Peter Crouch I thought ,
    I had never heard of him till the Robot dance . Gee mabye he should be a starter .

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Hopefully Sven will have the team all practicing their penalties.

In fact, it's a shame we're not more like American Football where they have a person whose job it is to come on and take penalties and that's all they do. We could have taken some old knacker like Shearer or Sheringham who can actually take a spot kick well.

Why not have the goalies do it , they more than anyone have a better perspective on the play .

4. Lounge   -   #24
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    I've never understood that logic. How does a goalkeeper have a better perspective on penalties than everyone else?

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisInsinuate
    I've never understood that logic. How does a goalkeeper have a better perspective on penalties than everyone else?
    I absolutely agree. If they could play football they wouldn't be in goal. Fact.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    I'v seen it before my sons team does it but he's not just a goalie , have seen in the world cup aswell can't remember the team tho . South American mabye Mexico ?

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    I'v seen it before my sons team does it but he's not just a goalie , have seen in the world cup aswell can't remember the team tho . South American mabye Mexico ?
    Yeah, once in a blue moon. However that hardly constitutes good reason to make it common tactical practice at International level, the pinnacle of the sport.

With all due respect to the goal keeper in your son's team

8. Lounge   -   #28
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    Probably thinking of José Luis Chilavert of Paraguay. He was fecking ace at free kicks, and therefore also quite good at penalties, not that penalties are hard, you just ding it in to the corner.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Yeah, once in a blue moon. However that hardly constitutes good reason to make it common tactical practice at International level, the pinnacle of the sport.

Point taken JP , I was thinking more about Cheese's comment and NA. football ..

Two different sports and a lot different roles in both , in fact a football kicker is not really considered an athlete in North America if you can believe it .

10. Lounge   -   #30

Point taken JP , I was thinking more about Cheese's comment and NA. football ..

Two different sports and a lot different roles in both , in fact a football kicker is not really considered an athlete in North America if you can believe it .
    Ignore him, he's a cawk. He supports Sunderland, who have never won anything. Fact.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast