Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bin vs iso

BIN only works for CD. You cannot get a DVD Bin file. All DVD's should be .ISO or .IMG.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    I've made my own cue's a few times. If its a game, get a game cue you already have and open it with note pad and change the part in the [] to the name of the bin file of the game you need it for, then save as a text file so you don't overwrite the original. Move it to the bin you need it for and change the extention from .txt to .cue and most of the time it will work.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    n00b
    I use .iso alot and they usually work but i mostly use .bin because thats what everyone has thx for info now i know dont use .iso

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Its ok to use iso if you already have the bin/cue to save some from. the cue has information in it about the files and there relationships and positions and if you have a good bin/cue and right click the cue "open with" Ultraiso, Ultraiso will read the cue information and create the proper iso from the bin/cue. This is really helpful if you want to add fixes and updates to a game image. I've done this many times with no problems, games install and play fine with a nocd fix.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12