Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wikipedia: hacked and infected!

frizshizzle's Avatar now paranoid. BT Rep: +1
    Isn't Gates in Antitrust? I thought he did a good job portraying Tim Robbins.

2. News (Archive)   -   #12
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    gates bought dos off someone and liscensed it out to IBM as ms-dos. Smart move and made him alot of money nothing wrong with that.

Its their other business practices im not a great fan of. Ive heard plenty of stories of microsoft using their monopoly in the desktop world to force computer manufacturers into very shady anti competitive deals.

here

they are providing source code for their server operating systems to allow for interoperability to comply with a recent Eu decision but the liscense forbids the use of this code to design open source products to interact with windows which was pretty much the reason for the judgment.

3. News (Archive)   -   #13
    frizshizzle's Avatar now paranoid. BT Rep: +1
    not to forget they haven't given Symantec and Mcafee proper APIs.

4. News (Archive)   -   #14
    Gates indeed bought the Dos from a guy legally for $50,000.
    However he stole the GUI Technology from Steve Jobs who Founded Apple!
    Steve Jobs agreed to let Bill Gates to work for apple and gave him Macintosh to learn how to use them. That happened before apple had released computers with Mac OS. Mac had only been implemented back then. Gates used MS-DOS to Create GUI for computers for his own and release them before apple as Windows 3.1
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyway wikipedia is one of my favorite sites. why would someone hack such site?! Damn. Hacking a Torrent site i can understand hacking Microsoft, why not hacking Pentagon go for it but an Encyclopedia site whats the point.

5. News (Archive)   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Delorean View Post
    Steve Jobs agreed to let Bill Gates to work for apple and gave him Macintosh to learn how to use them. That happened before apple had released computers with Mac OS. Mac had only been implemented back then. Gates used MS-DOS to Create GUI for computers for his own and release them before apple as Windows 3.1
    Anyway wikipedia is one of my favorite sites. why would someone hack such site?! Damn. Hacking a Torrent site i can understand hacking Microsoft, why not hacking Pentagon go for it but an Encyclopedia site whats the point.
    steve jobs basically took the idea of a gui and mouse from xerox who where too stupid to see there was actually a market for it for a small percentage of apple shares.

source

Wikipedia was in no way hacked or cracked. Someone just put up an article claiming to link to a fix for the blaster worm that was actually malware.

This really is a lesson that wikipedia is not a trusted source of information. At uni i used it as a source and promptly failed because it was not a reliable source of information.

6. News (Archive)   -   #16
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by havingfun View Post
    That's on Windows Vista and that's because Vista is above the need for Antivirus software with its new structure (or is suppose to be, which I beleive it was, but then again I think AV software is a joke so...)
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

7. News (Archive)   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Delorean View Post
    steve jobs basically took the idea of a gui and mouse from xerox who where too stupid to see there was actually a market for it for a small percentage of apple shares.

source

Wikipedia was in no way hacked or cracked. Someone just put up an article claiming to link to a fix for the blaster worm that was actually malware.

This really is a lesson that wikipedia is not a trusted source of information. At uni i used it as a source and promptly failed because it was not a reliable source of information.

Yeah... thats where i confirmed the information too. I just Forgot to mention where Steve Jobs got the GUI Technology from

8. News (Archive)   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by havingfun View Post
    That's on Windows Vista and that's because Vista is above the need for Antivirus software with its new structure (or is suppose to be, which I beleive it was, but then again I think AV software is a joke so...)
    Lets face it they built vista ontop of xp and have a new security model in place whoopie doo.

I wonder if they will bothered to fix up all them local priveledge escalation exploits that seem to crop up all the time. otherwise there new security model will be completly broken.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12