Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Torrentbytes Database Stolen

Dr_Green_Thumb's Avatar Mangina BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by L3ST View Post
    Now get your spam filters ready for some action. A database like Torrentbytes's is worth a couple of grand and whoever wants to promote his website/product won't buy the database just for general knowledge.
    exactly, glad i got pruned for inactivity before this stolen DB ran off with my info.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by necromantic; 08-19-2007 at 11:55 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    i have th db and download it today morning but i i'm happy a new chance thanks man. do it with sct and ftn..lol and uk-t and hpj.cc

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    FireMan's Avatar Marine
    Good to all,
    somebody knows when the TBytes comes back to the asset. I wait that it does not delay very, I know that it takes time to program new security and everything the remaining portion.

I wait that somebody of the staff has some backup kept of the DB.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    naragorn
    God damnit, how couldn they update the freakin database? what where they thinking, im not going back to torrentbytes when they return.

What is the top torrent site at the moment? i dont use torrent that much anymore, but still wanna be looking at that torrent site so i can register if i get the chance.

PS: Who is windpaw anyway??

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Dang....sorry to hear that bad news! hope security titen up! is there nothing do-a-ble like taking or threaten for leagal action :/ just my 2 cents!

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    a big break in security is many tracker have a phpbb forum with the same account information off the tracker its very easy stollen the db of a phpbb..
    . they could use a vbullentin its more secure than phpbb forum

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Windpaw was an ex Moderator, I think they took him on board to try and stop the Ddos attacks. But reading the first post in this thread, Windpaw was creating the Ddos attacks himself?

The Admins are to blame, 1 of them was inactive for at least 3 weeks before TB went down. The other one just seems to deal with the donations. The site went right downhill after these 2 were promoted and Maxthepuppy stepped down.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Yolgezer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    It's really a shame for them. I mean one of the best torrent sites ever got hacked by their mods. How could they trust him?

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Has it been confirmed that Windpaw was the attacker, and has stolen the database? Who posted these details initially?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast