Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: All Possible Problems

BANNED
    Originally posted by SwampdogK@15 January 2004 - 11:38
    I deleted all my codecs and then installed the kl codec pack. Now when I try to preview any files with avi preview they play for the first few seconds and then skip straight to the end. I've tried it on a dat file that worked previously an it's the same so it's not the avi's. I've tried reinstalling avi preview but that didn't help. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did they fix it? :helpsmile:
    Tri videolan mate.You also only need to see abit to check the movie,or use reliable sources.

2. Movies & TV   -   #42
    Thanks for the tip on videolan it works sweet. I had actually downloaded it previously, never tried it and completely forgot about it.
    TMPGEnc won't convert divx 5.1.1 to svcd although it plays fine in media player TMPGEnc says unsupported. Do I need a newer version for DivX 5.1.1 or is it more likely to do with the kl codec pack I installed. I tried converting with EasyX video converter but it was just gobbledy gook. Easy Video converter would play, but said it couldn't determine the video codec? I'm trying to convert directly with Nero, but I don't hold out too much hope and would prefer to preview before burning directly to disk. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

3. Movies & TV   -   #43
    BANNED
    In the divx config setting mate see if overlay extended mode is enabled ,if so try disabling it.

4. Movies & TV   -   #44
    can anyone tell me what the f@#k is up with the damb dots and lines im getting in the downloads ive gotten lately not all of them just some .....ive just recently gotten ffdshow again but i havent ever taken notice to a feature on this program that would give me this problem but maybe i over looked sumtin i dunno im stuck :helpsmile:

5. Movies & TV   -   #45
    BANNED
    You'll have to be more clear than dots & lines mate.It could be bad frames.

Look for virtual dub or an avi fixer ,if they're avi's.

6. Movies & TV   -   #46
    melania
    This obviously was asked many times before, but I've just started downloading movies, but I CAN'T BURN ONE OF THEM EVEN! My Nero keeps saying "unsupported file format" although it should be able to encode avi-files into mpg (I have the needed plugin). If I try to convert it with XingEmpec it says it can't find them. If I try to use TMPEGenc. it can't find some, too, and those it could find and started to encode, there were suddenly 1000 error messages popping up, like "ERROR 1224574885" and so on, and I had to abort. Then I keep getting the message that I must make sure the program with wich the file was converted must be on my pc, but: how do I know? And do I have to have 1000 converting programmes on my drive, to have always the fitting one with which the file was done? Or is there any program that "eats" all kind of avi files and makes them mpg's?

Secondly splitting:
    Easy Video splitter "seems" to work fine, but mostly the second part is either 0kb = empty, or not there at all, and if I do get a second file, it's only few minutes, not the full part that it should be. This keeps driving me mad! Can anyone help me and tell me some easy-to-use programmes, as I am not an expert at all
    And my pc almost bursts of software that doesn't bring the wanted result = a movie converted and splitted onto 2 VCDs...

7. Movies & TV   -   #47
    BANNED
    The first mate just install the kazaalite codec pack or just ones like xvid,divx,mp3,ac3.

Tmpeg for encoding & splitting.

In tmpeg go to file , environmental settings ,plugins ,then increase the directshow reader to the top or 2.You shouldnt have any or many problem then mate.

8. Movies & TV   -   #48
    Originally posted by RobGee@1 July 2003 - 00:15
    WOW ... this is some good stuff. I have been d/ling for a while but only doing the movie thing for a few days. I had no clue ... until this thread.

This is the best "customer support" stuff on the net. Nobody supplies this type of assistance for any service around. Keep up the good work all!!!

Peace and love to all the contributors ... you are what makes this the best board on the market.
    I TOTALLY AGREE!!
    It took me a month to learn everything i know about burning movies, and i thought i was good, but i have just been enlightened.

thanx everyone.

9. Movies & TV   -   #49
    The tips and teaching on this site are very helpful. Thanks to those who are in the know and take the time....

I was wondering on the topic of video splitting and converting - nobody has mentioned the STOIK VIDEO CONVERTER?

There was this news and activist site I wanted to grab and edit videos from. I search around and found HiNet Recorder to download the videos once I had located the link for the url.

These were usually wmv files and I couldn't get any real player vids.

I also wanted to edit the videos, and I found STOIK.

I used it to change them into avi and then edit them in a couple of programs I bought for my digital video recorder.

Then to cut down on file size, I converted them back to wmv files.

I guess this doesn't help people who want to use them in a DVD player on a TV. I am quiet happy watching them on the computer.

But, the programs I bought to edit my home movies converts files to DVD format.

I like STOIC, because if I want to, I can change the parameters of the files -- how big a screen or what internet speed I want to optimize them for. This was important for when I started with the news videos, because I put them on a website.

Usually, the videos I'd been getting before starting Kazaa were high quailty, so I would set the screen size parameters lower than normal, but when I changed to full screen or 200% the size, it didn't alter the quality too much.

Anyway..........I just finished using STOIK on the AVIs I just got off Kazaa, and I compared watching them before and after and don't have any problems with it. It cuts the size of the files down plenty.

Also, the STOIC with these vids I'm getting off Kazaa using takes me roughly the same time to convert as it is to watch...

10. Movies & TV   -   #50
    Burning Question:
    What does "No video decoder available for this streamtype. (DVDErr, -47003)" mean? I'm trying to burn the high-quality DivX version of Kill Bill (divided into two large files) with Sonic MyDVD.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345