Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FSC Announcement: Say Cheese!

Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    saulin , if you are a member of FSC , just read what Retro said in forums .
    Briefly : he said that at FSC , usually, it is impossible to keep a 1:1 ratio (small tracker , few leechers etc), and because of that there is a Share Index system, where you can get a 1:1 ratio , with 0 uploaded , by seeding hours .
    That's true and that usually works ok. A few sites allow you to buy credit with seeding bonus. However it takes a lot longer to get bonus points to buy upload credit than it takes to download. Again it's very easy to download 100 gigs in days but is not easy to upload that much in a short period of time unless there are leechers. It's better when you get bonus points per torrent rather than per hr.

I personally think that small trackers with not many users should open the doors more often to get more action goin on. Those trackers usually have users that don't use the tracker much because seeding can be tough.

BitHDTV has a nice bonus system. It's per torrent and it helps a lot because HD content is huge and you can use gigs so easy and seeding it all back could take a very long time.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    I personally think that small trackers with not many users should open the doors more often to get more action goin on.

Why do you think they have closed doors in the first place?

It stands to reason that if you want to boost membership, you have a signup system, but many closed door sites are run by people who have already been taken down before.

Remember Loki and ET. Both were taken down by force (not forgetting the numerous other trackers that were taken down by force). Maybe the new trackers don't wish to be as big as their old parents were.

It may be a false sense of security, but it is all that many tracker staff have.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fatma View Post
    saulin , if you are a member of FSC , just read what Retro said in forums .
    Briefly : he said that at FSC , usually, it is impossible to keep a 1:1 ratio (small tracker , few leechers etc), and because of that there is a Share Index system, where you can get a 1:1 ratio , with 0 uploaded , by seeding hours .
    Yea, but who wants to seed a file for 10 days? Certainly no one with a decent connection. In any case, they have a nice, friendly community there that I'm happy to be a part of even if I don't use the tracker. And there's lots of great stuff for people who like rare anime etc.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    BANNED
    Lemme see... I'm seeding one torrent there for 3187 hours .I seed when I can for unlimited time . Though recently it is very difficult to me , due to a "lack" of my own PC and problems with the fucking ISP . Actually I think that more than 40% of torrent users can leave the torrents they download seeding for more than 10 days . I mean, they don't delete them right after they snatch them , otherwise they are insane .

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    kapowcowpwned's Avatar BCC token orange kid BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    [quote=Roark;2166497Yea, but who wants to seed a file for 10 days? Certainly no one with a decent connection. In any case, they have a nice, friendly community there that I'm happy to be a part of even if I don't use the tracker. And there's lots of great stuff for people who like rare anime etc.[/quote]

Frankly, if you don't want to seed a torrent for more then 10days you don't deserve to be a member there....

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    [quote=kapowcowpwned;2166694]
    Quote Originally Posted by Roark;2166497Yea, but who wants to seed a file for 10 days? Certainly no one with a decent connection. In any case, they have a nice, friendly community there that I'm happy to be a part of even if I don't use the tracker. And there's lots of great stuff for people who like rare anime etc.[/quote

Frankly, if you don't want to seed a torrent for more then 10days you don't deserve to be a member there....

All i can say is seed 10 day's but you don't have to upload nuffin and u will get that 1.1 share it's kind of far to me but still 10 day's makes people think bad thing about fsc.
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    its really no big deal to seed it that long,

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    I don't surmise the majority of members have a problem with a torrent sitting in their client for that long, but they don't see the need to either. Most everything I download with torrents can be seeded back on an alternate tracker within a day or two and be done with it.

I appears most are of a similar opinion.

yo

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    KevinGarnet's Avatar Filesharing lover BT Rep: +3
    mhm.. interesting system.. it has some minuses and some pluses.. we will see if it is good..

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    I don't surmise the majority of members have a problem with a torrent sitting in their client for that long, but they don't see the need to either. Most everything I download with torrents can be seeded back on an alternate tracker within a day or two and be done with it.

I appears most are of a similar opinion.
    Exactly, downloading should be as painless as possible, this is just one more hassle to consider (am I going out of town, am I at a computer-illerate friend's house and would feel like an idiot telling him he has to keep his computer on for 10 days now for that half hour episode of Scrubs ...) Much simpler to just get it from ScT.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast