Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: setup help

Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Like I said before you need to install the xorg server first, this is the xwindow manager and gives you a basic gui otherwise the distro is command line, you can run rtorrent from the command line but you need to know what you are doing. So the first thing you need to install through apt is xorg : apt-get install xorg, this will setup the dependencies and install xorg, you can then begin to install the other components you need.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster
    If you can install GUI you can install rTorrent

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibre View Post
    rTorrent
    <3
    Proud Member of:

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    beat's Avatar Square BT Rep: +4
    rTorrent + SCP (to copy the torrents to the watch folder) = <3

Runs lighter, runs better and is also easy to use.

http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/wiki

Although on Debian the packages they have on their repositories is kind of outdated (as usual) so installing a recent version it's a bit more difficult.

If you don't really care about running the bleeding edge just set your repositories to unstable/testing and do "apt-get install rtorrent". Then you just need to read the wiki to know how to use rtorrent and you're all set.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    artemis said So the first thing you need to install through apt is xorg : apt-get install xorg, this will setup the dependencies and install xorg, you can then begin to install the other components you need. but when i did this it said could not find package i no its there some where i can see it in some folder maybe root folder
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    If apt can't find the package it is because it is not listed in the repositories, it is truly odd that apt cannot find that package, but you will need to update the repository lists so that apt can find and download the apps you need.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    how do i update the repository list man im a dummy doooh~
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    evean when i updated they still cant find packages
    2. Custody; care.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster
    Compile it yourself?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    you have to rember im a newbie a debian its a different world i even put the packages into the folder it suposed to go to ,to reconise the pkgs and still says cant find pkgs im at my wits end even when i update
    2. Custody; care.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast