Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A warning to users requesting rare trackers invitations or accounts

kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    This should be stickied in the Invite section and the Torrent section. A little bit of prevention can go a long way (as they say!!)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    AnestesiaGeral's Avatar SickBoy BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    This is just a warning.

Everyone is free enough to do whatever they want.

_coder_, thanks for the dumb comment... much appreciated.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Finally someone said it!

This should really be stickied.

Lots of folks don't understand that there are thousands of identical wishes here and that being the one whose comes true isn't about hundreds of posts and good trading deals that evil mods don't let be cut.

And this is the most important part:

Quote Originally Posted by AnestesiaGeral View Post

Most lower rated trackers have more content than most known as rare trackers, so don't expect amazing contents from them. In fact, most rare trackers have few users, few content and crappy speeds. They are only rare because they don't have open signups, and thats it!

Behave...

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    wmumascot's Avatar Poster

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    if so why then we have Bitorrent invite section?
    For those new and upcoming trackers, and some that are not so strict on their policies

Quote Originally Posted by AnestesiaGeral
    Even if the invites were available most of you wouldn't get them any way, simply because whoever have them don't care about invite trading, and would never risk their accounts by inviting a cheater.
    Invites were made for those hard to get trackers your friends are already on, and have been a dedicated member for quite some time. Anestesia is letting members know just what is stated in most sites FAQ and in their forums. Take it from me, I invited a cheater to OINK and I have yet to get back into their forums , (and that was nearly 3 years ago!!!!)

Good trackers are hard to come by, and with the many new individuals just starting to learn about bit-torrenting (which is nothing like Kazaa or similar other p2p services where you find a lot more hit & runners), some individuals don't grasp the concept of sharing. Which is why I ask for screenshots of profiles on private tracker's before I even think about giving out an invite

If your a member of some of the older forums (you know... the ones that are not asking for donations every month when it's time to pay the server bill), then become more active in their forums. Many of the members that you meet there would be able to assist you as they can easily verify if you will be a good member or not already

Oh well, there goes my invite to S**********
    Last edited by wmumascot; 10-22-2007 at 03:41 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12