Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Overrated Band

god-of-rock's Avatar God of Rock
    Haven't been in here much lately.... but to jump into the discussion the Most overrated band is probably U2. There's alot of other overrated bands too, but at least they don't take artist names like "Bono" and "the Edge." What a bunch of gays...

2. Music   -   #102
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I'm not familiar with Bunch of Arse but I don't think Green Day are over-rated.

There aren't that many bands who can pull off several different styles fairly successfully and get a political message across into the bargain.

I'd say that Coldplay, Bush and Craig David (altho' he isn't a band) are completely over-rated. It's because they have enjoyed a modicum of success in the US so they get some kind of status boost from this.

A quick glance at the US charts tells me that their collective taste is not to be used as some kind of quality barometer.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/top40.shtml

Yes, the British seem so much more discerning then us American heathens.

Peace bd
    We are. Thanks.

3. Music   -   #103
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I'm not familiar with Bunch of Arse but I don't think Green Day are over-rated.

There aren't that many bands who can pull off several different styles fairly successfully and get a political message across into the bargain.

I'd say that Coldplay, Bush and Craig David (altho' he isn't a band) are completely over-rated. It's because they have enjoyed a modicum of success in the US so they get some kind of status boost from this.

A quick glance at the US charts tells me that their collective taste is not to be used as some kind of quality barometer.

Peace bd
    That's utterly irrelevant. I said that America's collective taste is not to be used as some kind of quality baromenter. I did not say that the UK's should.

I see that you've condoned the UK Top 40 - personally I think it's a pile of wank but to each his own.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Music   -   #104
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Most Overrated Band...definately U2...

Most Overrated Artist....Dido...boring, dull, crap singer who happens to write the odd nice little ditty. (Remember...she got her big break only because Eminem wanted to get into her pants!!!!)

5. Music   -   #105
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1

Peace bd
    That's utterly irrelevant. I said that America's collective taste is not to be used as some kind of quality baromenter. I did not say that the UK's should.

I see that you've condoned the UK Top 40 - personally I think it's a pile of wank but to each his own.
    Then we agree?

Peace bd

6. Music   -   #106
    rock 'n' roll integrity is overrated. "this band writes, produces and performs all of its own songs." so what, if the songs aren't any good? it's just a different method of producing music, in contrast to a manufactured pop act. britney spears for example may not write & produce her songs, so she apparently lacks talent in that respect. but whoever DOES write & produce britney's stuff is definitely quite talented -- her albums contain some of the best mainstream pop ever recorded imho, regardless of whether or not britney is a talented person.

i don't have any less respect for britney's songwriters & producers than i'd have for, say, burt bacharach or brian wilson (beach boys) or timbaland. or mozart, for that matter. they're all talented composers & band-leaders who used other people to perform their music.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 08-02-2005 at 08:25 AM.

7. Music   -   #107
    dimebag deral
    friend - "Hey did you hear,dimebag deral died last night"
    Me - "Who the fuck is that,IDC ?"

8. Music   -   #108
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Its Dimebag Darrel you fuckwit

9. Music   -   #109
    I don't know that bitches name.I suppose you know his name. Who the hell is he maybe I'd care more if I knew who he was

10. Music   -   #110
    manker's Avatar effendi

Then we agree?

Peace bd
    No.

You said that British folk seem to have much more discerning music taste as a collective than the American heathens and cited the UK Top 40 as a source to validate your claim.

I think the UK Top 40 and the US Top 40 are both a pile of wank.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast