Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dad's sale of pot-smoking son's game sparks Web debate

tetrakis's Avatar Nucleophile BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    it's got to be bullshit. I just bought it for the wii for my sister at walmart for $89 USD. If you go on ebay right now, the game is selling for around $120 USD or so (at that's right now with christmas only a few days away). $9,100 a week ago? no way!

2. News (Archive)   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Blame it on the his delinquent friends ? Lol
    Yeah, I like how he said "innocent" little boy, but yet delinquent friends

3. News (Archive)   -   #13
    bornwithnoname's Avatar Bit Master BT Rep: +1
    He had it comming

I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it. (Terry Prattchet)

4. News (Archive)   -   #14
    weed is harmless...i bet his father smokes a pack or two of cigs a day and he worries about a little weekend weed lol

5. News (Archive)   -   #15
    Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I have never tried the stuff, but if my dad had caught me doing that, it would've disappointed him so much that I would do anything and everything to make it up to him. Disappointing my dad was one of the worst things I could do and I did it once and I remembered how horrible I felt.

I think the kid got let off easy. Most of my friends fathers would've either sent their kids off to the army; kicked them out of the house; or made them start paying room and board to stay at the house. If this story is true, whoever thinks the father is harsh is way too soft on the kid. It doesn't matter if marijuana is not a hard drug, I agree it's not, but it does affect you a lot - I have two pot smoking friends that do it a couple times a week. They can't focus on anything, can't do work that requires great attention, and have poor memory.

Cigarettes are horrible too, but that's another story
    http://4t.myminicity.com/ind - build industry!
    http://4t.myminicity.com/tra - build transportation
    http://4t.myminicity.com/sec - build security

6. News (Archive)   -   #16
    orfik's Avatar 20th Century Boy BT Rep: +3
    George Washington smoked marijuana. The father of the United States. Do you think you're better than George Washington? Guess who else thought he was better than George Washington. Adolf Hitler.

"Be easy, my ninja."

7. News (Archive)   -   #17
    I think the father's way too uptight, but he does have the right to punish the kid.

8. News (Archive)   -   #18
    I think the father is wrong. All he had to do is sit down with his son and communicate. He turned a could be positive situation into a negative one by doing that. So now if the son ever does anything else he will be sure the father never finds out. When the father found out he should have said you can tell me anything let's talk about it. People get into punish mode to much now days when all it takes is a heart to heart and a loving father/mother.

A wise man gives advice, but a wiser man learns from it and uses it. Smart people learn from others mistakes. The blessing is on the other side of your tribulation.

9. News (Archive)   -   #19
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    at least it wasn't CRACK!

10. News (Archive)   -   #20
    Aaxel21's Avatar AHHHHH!
    Crack kills. Beer makes drunk drivers. Weed makes television shows ratings go up.
    Remember bullets always have the right of way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast