Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tracker Accounts being disabled due to Inactivity

disabling an account with 0up/0dwn is ok , but disabling a power user or account with a decent ratio due to inactivity is bad :/

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    TankGrrl's Avatar p-p-p-pow! BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    if im not gonna use the tracker anytime soon i'll download the smallest file available and seed that on 'low' in utorrent. i assumed everyone did this.. i dont trust just logging in, and this way i don't even have to log in
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBob View Post
    disabling an account with 0up/0dwn is ok , but disabling a power user or account with a decent ratio due to inactivity is bad :/
    this happened to me once on a very good tracker that i had a pretty high gb/ratio on. my machine died and by the time i started getting back to trackers with my new machine i missed the cut off for it, even though i made sure to login after i got my new setup. but just logging in and doing messages wasnt enough and i lost a really good account which i have yet to get back but S happens...

i keep a list of the trackers i dont use daily and make sure to login, seed some and participate no matter what. the ones i use all the time i dont have to worry about

Listen up, cause I'm only telling you this once. I'm not bedtime story lady, so pay attention. The world is *screwed* now.
    No celebrities, no cable TV, no water. It hasn't rained in 11 years. Now 20 people gotta squeeze inside the same bathtub - so it ain't all bad.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i dont force myself to go to any trackers, if i naturally dont go to a tracker for long enough that its disabled i probably dont need or want it.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    surley if you not using a site after 42 days then you dont need it. may as well let that account die and someone who does need it use it?

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    which tracker that ask you to also do the download/upload and not only login the the web ?

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    well if I don't want to be active on the tracker, I either giveaway my account or just ditch it. There is no point in keeping something that I won't use, if I am on vacation, I will try my hardest just to view the site once a week. But for BitMe I get a frend to seed a torrent for me once a week. (for like 10 min)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123