Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SCT's ratio system is severely flawed.

BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I just reread the OP and it states he is an SCT Whore, which means little to me as a non-member, so I guess he actually keeps his ratio up etc. but is simply complaining about how difficult it is for him.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    loljews
    i cap my upload on sct to about 40, and have no problems keeping artio, over 320gb up with plenty of buffer to dl what ever massive pack i want.. if ur upload speed sucks, perhaps you shouldn't be leeching 40 torrents at a time.. especially if u know you'll have a hard time seeding it back.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by loljews View Post
    i cap my upload on sct to about 40, and have no problems keeping artio, over 320gb up with plenty of buffer to dl what ever massive pack i want.. if ur upload speed sucks, perhaps you shouldn't be leeching 40 torrents at a time.. especially if u know you'll have a hard time seeding it back.
    Well said. ScT is just very fast and as someone has mentioned before, it's because many people have seedboxes. There is nothing wrong with that at all.

If you want to hop on the torrent quickly, trying using RSS feeds and you'll within a min or two when torrents are released.

While sometimes it is difficult to seed at these places, there are many ways to keep a great ratio even if you don't have a seedbox. One thing great about ScT is that they offer free leech from time to time. You should take full advantage of that when it comes around. Another thing is to prioritize where you download your torrents. Within 10 mins or so, they usually show up at all private trackers so just choose wisely.

Best of luck

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    maybe leeching 40 torrents at once was not the way to go?
    rofl, first thing that popped in my head as well. you need to build a buffer first then leech whatever you want so your ratio never goes under 1, it really isnt hard even with ~40 kb/s as krunk said. just like him i use comcrap and had a 9:1 ratio with around 11 GB's uploaded before i really started downloading a few things from there, grab new tv shows or whatever from a place with similar pre times like scc and then seed at both places and it wont affect your sct DL stats at all.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    for me it has been quite easy, even though i haven't the greatest of upload speeds, and no seedboxes. The .75 rule is an excellent help i must admit.
    i mostly download 1 or 2 torrents at the same time, never more, so in fact i can make my upload quickly when there are still a decent number of leechers.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    'QUOTE': SCT's ratio system is severely flawed

what's the problem? there are plenty of ways to get torrents, any torrent really, even zero-hour ones, without having to pay for vip. read some forums instead of posting you might learn a thing or two
    just keep it as rule to seed more than you leech it's not that hard and it's pretty much the whole idea of this sharing thing.
    leave your computer seeding over night a few days, the environment's screwed anyway or so it is said.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    stop f'ing crying.

Noone forces you to download torrents, noone forces you to download from there.

If you dont like it, leave. Everyone else doesnt have an issue with it.

Those that due are the ones who most likely get on it, download everything on the planet, and wonder why they arent getting a 1:1 on a torrent that is 15 weeks old...on a f'ing 0DAY TRACKER

If you dont like it, leave, dont cry. Go somewhere else.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    You know, I remember when I first joined ScT. No seedbox. Had a 3.0 ratio with 20GB up within what, a week?

I got a seedbox, now I have a 100+GB buffer to play with

Now I don't have one again and I have no problem seeding anything. Just partial seed.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    All you people whining in this thread do not know the first thing about torrenting. SCT is one of the if not the fastest tracker out there. There are many people with fast lines BUT people with slow connections still manage. If you can't handle it then get your ass down to scene access before you embarrass yourself by making a thread on FST crying about how you got banned for a low ratio.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    Sct expect you to know how to leech. So you should always be buffering/ ensuring one way or another your ratio will always be higher than 1.

Someone invite me to fsc please

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast