Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you really miss oink?

not much , waffles and google and RS are great indeed
    Invite/account trading is retarded, and risks not only your account, but the tracker's safety

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    yes, it is great tracker. hope it will be back

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    marksman's Avatar -------> BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by EnerGizer View Post
    not much , waffles and google and RS are great indeed
    google?!..
    Been There, Done That

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I miss it a lot

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Yes, I miss it very much. I wish I could have it back.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I just got in and then it was gone...

Hope there is a chance for returning...

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i was just a member of oink for a few weeks before it was taken down. from what i saw i don't see why people are missing it? what and waffles are filling the gap 100% from what i can tell.. they will soon have as many torrents each as oink had.. can someone please explain what made oink so special that i missed in the short period of time i were there?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    Do you seriously miss Oink for appz? That's lame. I wasn't a member, but I'm pretty sure the music is what made it special. There are so many places with stupid 0day appz that I don't know where to suggest.
    i miss if for apps, especially mac apps.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post
    i was just a member of oink for a few weeks before it was taken down. from what i saw i don't see why people are missing it? what and waffles are filling the gap 100% from what i can tell.. they will soon have as many torrents each as oink had.. can someone please explain what made oink so special that i missed in the short period of time i were there?
    what made oink so special was the community. at the time there was no other music site like it. even Trent reznor of NIN said he used it and loved it! sure there was ST music or Vip but both of which were and are really bad.
    plus if you wanted flac you could get flac! if you wanted OGG you could get OGG so it was simply one of a kind.

I will say what came from the downfall of oink came two great communities. both the same but at the sometime different and one of a kind! its hard to explain if you were not there to see oink grow to the downfall and to the rebuilding of two great music community!

just enjoy what now is the two best music sites, waffles and what! and ask the members and they will have there own stories of oink and what it meant to them.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    i miss the pig indeed, just because im nostalgic, What and Waffles make the job.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast