Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: REAL football

Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Or maybe Eve had a dick after all?
    I heard that (st)eve did have a cawk. What of it.
    Now go away.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Jeebus Kev, that's a leap in assumption not seen since the last Olympics...
    Sorry, I was in a mood.

How's about we take merely take credit for inventing the inflatable ovate spheroid used to play "the illegitimate game whose name cannot be uttered without bruising delicate European sensibilities".

I really need a break, too, dealing with this Favre situation...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #33
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Yeah, what's up with that?
    Does he just miss hanging out in lockerrooms?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Yeah, what's up with that?
    Does he just miss hanging out in lockerrooms?
    Dunno.

If he's thinking of playing for the Vikings, though, you may be on to something.

This is the first time ever that I think I understand the motivations of all the parties involved; makes me wonder why they can't figure it out.

They need to be "fair" to Aaron Rodgers?

They've "gone in a different direction"?

Puh-leeze.

Make Favre guarantee them at least two more years, work on Brian Brohm, and send poor Aaron packing.

Problem solved.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    Basically american football is a direct product of the game of soccer. I guess maybe way back when, the sports seemed similiar enough to just call the american sport football too.
    Pish and I'm not even going to begin to explain why. There are just too many reasons.

“It’s not the will to win that counts - it is the will to prepare”

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromagepas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    Basically american football is a direct product of the game of soccer. I guess maybe way back when, the sports seemed similiar enough to just call the american sport football too.
    Pish and I'm not even going to begin to explain why. There are just too many reasons.
    Well, as handball has also been used, and it seems any subsequent appellation is subject to yurpeen approval, perhaps you could offer up some suggestions.

We are so thoroughly chastised as to also forego our use of the word "America" (and it's variants and derivatives) to refer to ourselves; please provide some alternatives for future use.

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #37
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromagepas View Post

Well, as handball has also been used, and it seems any subsequent appellation is subject to yurpeen approval, perhaps you could offer up some suggestions.

We are so thoroughly chastised as to also forego our use of the word "America" (and it's variants and derivatives) to refer to ourselves; please provide some alternatives for future use.
    American Rugby would be closer to the mark, I reckons.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    惡魔的提倡者
    Calling it football originated in the game's infancy when official rules had yet to be employed. It rose from a favored method of bringing members of the opposite team down by kicking certain sensitive parts of the body. The same tackling method led to the invention of the armored athletic cup.

It's true I tell you.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Acid_death69's Avatar confuddled?!
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post

agreed

My name is Dan for the people who care!

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post

Nope.

'American' is disallowed, 'rugby' is in use; besides which, the ball is more pumpkin-ish.

As an aside, I've always heard rugby players are envious of the comparitively svelte ball we use to play...um, our game.

Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Calling it football originated in the game's infancy when official rules had yet to be employed. It rose from a favored method of bringing members of the opposite team down by kicking certain sensitive parts of the body. The same tackling method led to the invention of the armored athletic cup.

It's true I tell you.
    I novel solution; I like it.

Kind of like pricking your finger while another might be fingering his prick.

As it were.

-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast