Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Browse Page!

Hologram's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hardly anyone downloads what they want anymore. It's all about the numbers for most users.
    Totally agree with your statement mate. Every day I see more and more users who are all about reaching on new lvl. Its terrible to be honest.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
    blah, I get it now.

the torrent ratio "failure" is actually a good thing in my case.
    yes, its a good thing for you

to the poster above me (well crumble6 someone else beat me lol), torrents do stay alive for ages, its the fact that not many people leech them.

we have 48,000 members

55,000 seeders

and

3,200 leechers

so its either members are just not downloading, or torrents are that fast members are not leechers for long.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    crumble6's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    to the poster above me (well crumble6 someone else beat me lol), torrents do stay alive for ages, its the fact that not many people leech them.
    Oh yeah, so my suggestion is pretty much useless... I feel stupid now!
    I'll see if I can think of anythig else, but I'm not a very creative person.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Perhaps every time a torrent is snatched it could be bumped ala KG. Or random torrents could be bumped?

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    1st part of that nah, that would mean the most popular torrents getting bumped all the time, and as we get 2000+ snatches on the newer/better/most hyped games, then i cant see that working.

and we do recycle torrents, i just do not go daft recycling them as some members hate them, we just cant win lol

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
    Perhaps every time a torrent is snatched it could be bumped ala KG. Or random torrents could be bumped?
    That system will work perfectly if you just setup a way that things on the first page can no longer be bumped no matter how popular they are. When they hit the second page again they will be bumped if people are still leeching.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    1st part of that nah, that would mean the most popular torrents getting bumped all the time, and as we get 2000+ snatches on the newer/better/most hyped games, then i cant see that working.

and we do recycle torrents, i just do not go daft recycling them as some members hate them, we just cant win lol
    Can't you just add something where users can opt not to see recycled torrents by default? This way most people will see them, except those that choose not to. Then you could up the recycled torrents. I for one, would like to see more recycling going on in all my trackers.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    probably lol not sure if it will ever get coded but i dont see why not.

and i may have had a change of heart over that bumping on a new snatch (that does not sound right at all lol) so we will see what happens with that.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    bumping on a new snatch (that does not sound right at all lol)
    Count me in for some of that!
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    crumble6's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hows about a "Members who downloaded this also downloaded" or a "Similar games/torrents" system? Not sure how it would work as every torrent would probably need to be edited to include extra info such as genres, but hey it's an idea.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast