Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sharman Wants To End Kazaa Hacks

They can't shut it down themselves, but they could send an "Update to newer version" message as they did when Kazaa 2.0.2 was released. If that new update uninstalls Kazaa then the network is almost shut down. Of course, the user has to accept the update for it to work so they can't do it automatically.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    nice one. just a though really.

still with the bad hashing system lack of partial sharing of files and spyware it is probably only a matter of time before one of the other networks steps up and takes kazaa's crown.

thanks for that info mr random coconut

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Originally posted by random nut@10 September 2003 - 01:17
    They can't shut it down themselves, but they could send an "Update to newer version" message as they did when Kazaa 2.0.2 was released. If that new update uninstalls Kazaa then the network is almost shut down. Of course, the user has to accept the update for it to work so they can't do it automatically.
    But then they could just reinstall it (or better yet, install KLite) and they'd be right back again?

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    dude, i haven't used klite for almost 2.5 months. all i've been using recently is emule, shareaza (pretty much same thing), bittorent, and friends. it would suck for all the noobies out there, cuz they wont have anything to begin their p2p venturing in. ha ha. oh well. i don't feel that bad if kazaa is taken down. i loved kazaa and klite, but that was a long time ago. i'm sure many people dont dl anything big off of kazaa anymore, except for maybe some movies. B) o
    >_< :x :teehee: =]

sory, just felt like making this thread a little more smiley.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    But then they could just reinstall it (or better yet, install KLite) and they&#39;d be right back again?
    Yes but most Windows users don&#39;t know about it and probably don&#39;t even know how to install a new program.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Poster
    You could join forces with windows beta maybe? Kazaa lite bundled with every new OS release and installed by default....

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Never heard of it before...

I see you removed the double post. Don&#39;t know how that happened, I only pressed once.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Poster
    Windowsbeta.com I think it is. The ones who repack longhorn and all the 5 in 1 XP installs that the kiddies all go for.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    nice one. just a though really.

still with the bad hashing system lack of partial sharing of files and spyware it is probably only a matter of time before one of the other networks steps up and takes kazaa&#39;s crown.

thanks for that info mr random coconut&nbsp;
    You&#39;re welcome B)

I really hope Sharman Networks will file for chap 11 real soon. Kazaa&#39;s network is too old and they&#39;re too big for their own good. They think they own the world. A p2p app should be free and open sourced so no greedy company like Sharman Networks can do whatever they want.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    dat would be crazy sick if it would install with every os by default like windows media played mabey we should take the version of windows out now on kazaa and stuff and add k-lite LoL
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast