Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross call to Manuel

Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Moyles constantly takes the piss out of her saying how ugly and annoying she is because she's thin and ginger. That's bullying.

As for Kerry Katona... she may be an idiot but taking the piss out of someone with so obvious a problem isn't exactly the right thing to do either.

The thing everyone is tripping about is the fact that they seem to have gone against broadcasting standards. The above, applied under the same rules, would be against broadcasting standards as well.

It was a joke ffs.
    Last edited by Skweeky; 10-29-2008 at 07:41 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    I accept it was joke and some of it was funny to a point. I'm not denying that.

It was in very poor taste, though. And badly thought through.

You can call me anything you like, under the pretext of comedy and I'll take that in good spirit.

The line is crossed, however, when you publically and privately (i.e. leave a message on an unsolicited answering machine) announce to a grandfather that you've fucked his grand daughter. If he hadn't fucked said grand daughter, then I think the damage would have been limited. But the fact is he actually did. Slut or not, I can imagine, for a grandfather to hear that (broadcast) would piss you off to the max.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I can see why Voluptua from Satanic Sluts is annoyed - I doubt she wanted her Granddad to be appraised of her activities.

A more balanced take on the matter by a gentleman of the profession

http://www.jerrysadowitz.com/pages/bollocksmain.htm
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. Lounge   -   #34
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    I can see why Voluptua from Satanic Sluts is annoyed - I doubt she wanted her Granddad to be appraised of her activities.

A more balanced take on the matter by a gentleman of the profession

http://www.jerrysadowitz.com/pages/bollocksmain.htm

Now that's funny.

5. Lounge   -   #35

All in all, I keep coming back to my first point; is this really the most important thing happening in the world right now? It's been blown out of proportion. I accept that some people may find it offensive but come on...

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Obviously, fascist skinheads wanting to behead Obama is a tad more important - but lacking something in the humour department imho.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    I accept it was joke and some of it was funny to a point. I'm not denying that.

It was in very poor taste, though. And badly thought through.

You can call me anything you like, under the pretext of comedy and I'll take that in good spirit.

The line is crossed, however, when you publically and privately (i.e. leave a message on an unsolicited answering machine) announce to a grandfather that you've fucked his grand daughter. If he hadn't fucked said grand daughter, then I think the damage would have been limited. But the fact is he actually did. Slut or not, I can imagine, for a grandfather to hear that (broadcast) would piss you off to the max.
    It certainly makes RB look at best unchivalrous and a sexist pig. I was going to let him have a go but he's ruined his chances now .

8. Lounge   -   #38
    I don't care, he can still have a go at me

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    He can't get near you! Why do you think he was looking at me?

10. Lounge   -   #40
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Let me get this right. They phoned a 78 year old man to rip the pish out of him. When it went to an answering machine Ross announced that Brand had fucked his grand daughter. This is apparently true.

They then phoned another three times and just ripped the pish out of the old man again. This was pre-recorded however they went ahead and broadcast it on BBC radio. Which is paid for by the British public.

I have no sympathy for anyone who loses their job over this. None whatsoever. It's not the most important thing going on in the World just now. However that does not make it any less distasteful. It was cowardly bullying of an old man and his subsequent public humiliation.

It's of interest to the Government and parliament because it was done on the public broadcasting service. Funded by licence payers, i.e. me. Frankly I don't want people like that to get any more of my money. This includes the Producers and anyone else who had the power to stop those parts being broadcast, in addition to the two bullying pricks who did it.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast