Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: About bad requests here

pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by flashback3r View Post
    @ villaalltheway

I didn't say long requests. They don't have to be that long, just sincere and the reasons why they want there and why they deserve it.

Long requests can be bad too
    Nobody deserves to be invited to any tracker period, well I mean it is stupid to come here and ask for invitations anyway, I woulnd never give an invitation to anyone just because they ask.
    There is order for everything, first they should go to the threat that has open sing ups, if they don't do it, nobody shouldn give them anything.
    People ask here because they tell their friends, that some sucker gave them an invite, and invites should be sacred anyway, just to close friends, no someone they just met online, that god knows who that person is.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    flashback3r's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    @ villaalltheway

I didn't say long requests. They don't have to be that long, just sincere and the reasons why they want there and why they deserve it.

Long requests can be bad too
    Nobody deserves to be invited to any tracker period, well I mean it is stupid to come here and ask for invitations anyway, I woulnd never give an invitation to anyone just because they ask.
    There is order for everything, first they should go to the threat that has open sing ups, if they don't do it, nobody shouldn give them anything.
    People ask here because they tell their friends, that some sucker gave them an invite, and invites should be sacred anyway, just to close friends, no someone they just met online, that god knows who that person is.
    I totally disagree with you. I wouldn't invite people straight away from just reading a request. I would get to know them better first.

And I think that you can invite ppl you have met online. I would say you know a person quite good after daily chats on msn and irc or something like that.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Moral: If you dont like the request, dont invite the person making the request.
    Last edited by puckface; 01-21-2009 at 11:53 PM.
    Go Leafs Go.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1

If invites were only given to close friends, i doubt most of these trackers would half as many members.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    ^Puckface good point and simple.
    Last edited by pone44; 01-21-2009 at 11:56 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    flashback3r's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    ^^ He sure has a point. But I meant this thread to discuss what ppl think when they write horrible requests that doesn't explain anything.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i think the best is to not be too short nor too long.
    keep it objective,simple, and without any bullshit.

what will really speak for you, it will be your past. that's why newb requesters here never go very far on their requests.

i've invited people to SCT, bitme, hdbits, and more trackers i can remember of, because they didn't try to bullshit everyone or look super smart and lovely (i personally never invite users that look too nice and friendly, and always looking to be helpful and wishing everyone luck. I call those guys as the fakers. see my sig.).

I just checked their history, popped a PM saying "i want direct links from some site i trust" and invite issued. I always warn them though, that i will monitor their behaviour, looking for cheats, and if they do cheat, i'll do that extra mile to get them banned at every site i can possibly think of. Interestingly, some suddenly lost appetite for the invite or said that a friend already invited them
    i had to do this, since i found out one of my invitees to SCT was actually a cheater, and he did seem a nice guy.
    You never know nowadays.

If the person looks nervous providing me links, then the request ends right there, no matter if they keep pm'ing me for centuries. game over.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 01-22-2009 at 12:03 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Villalltheway View Post

If invites were only given to close friends, i doubt most of these trackers would half as many members.
    I dont think he actually meant that.

take me for example, i started out here when i used to use kazzaa lite, as this used the be the K-lite forums, before the bittard section or even bittorrent was even heard of.

I met some good people on here, I would say about 40 friends and about 10 very close friends, never once met them in real life, but had them on MSN and talked a lot on here.

When i started BCG i took them with me and they became staff.

personally now, I would think twice before letting any of yous in, never mind a staff job once you are in.

But i do think that is what he means, get to know people first, do not just giveaway an invite to someone you have no idea who they are, SS and speedtests can easily be faked. but get to know someone over a period of time and they will slip up somewhere, before you waste the invite on them and get banned yourself.
    Last edited by stoi; 01-22-2009 at 12:11 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    You are right stoi. I started on my own and I learned about bitorrent just reading a lot in another site, then I discover this place, and here I was invited to TL without asking, I don't like TL by the way, the point is I was banned because I didn't like TL and I never used it, so for me would be a waste of time to invite anyone to any tracker knowing that my reputation is on the line.
    Asking for invites shoulnd't be allow here and giving invites either.
    The best sites I got in, I got them on open trackers section, over the years I got what I need.
    This thing of invites, is like people opening a thread and asking stupid questions about filesharing, without reading around first, the majority of questions if you read, you can get the answeer just like that, at least I did, the samething come with good trackers, sooner or later you will get into one that you like, just looking in the open trackers thread, and go from there, I think it is funny people just out the blue want an invite to TL, blackcats etc etc, without any real work.
    You want a good job, you work for it, the samething is about this stuff.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    ^^ He sure has a point. But I meant this thread to discuss what ppl think when they write horrible requests that doesn't explain anything.
    see... that was my point.
    Go Leafs Go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast