Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BEWARE Trojans and Viruses!!

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Thanks for the info tox. I also saw the warning at Demonoid and have been careful of what I download from anywhere. But as rippin' pointed out, you should pretty much know by now that if you get anything but a .avi file from a DVDRip scene release that something is wrong.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    I also use VLC player for any and all playback of any videos that I want to watch. I have yet to find something that it will refuse to play. Not only is it completely free but it will never prompt you to download and install a fake virus/trojan codec and then proceed to trash your machine.

www.videolan.org

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    man i was so pissed off with myself for installing that crap!! But i guess it was 4am and the brain wasn't functioning properly!!

For any other poor sods out there that happen to get this nasty piece of work on thier PC don't think that you're AV/Malware will pick it up because it WON'T well just not yet!! If you do get it, it will keep redirecting your browers results and after your first reboot you will see that you are locked out of your profile IF you don't have a password setup OR you may see your password simply doesn't work anymore!!

Reboot your PC and log in using the ADMINISTRATOR ACC and then go to control panel, user accounts, your account and setup a new password.

Reboot and then go to this url for instructions, worked on my pc and saved me a 3rd heartache!!!

http://thespykiller.co.uk/index.php?...&topic=7642.10

And a word of warning to you, if you plan a reinstall DO NOT copy your stuff across to a memory stick or HDD or another partition!! This SOB will move there to!! Use a cd or dvd!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12