Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Playing Games Hurt Your Eyes

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    well i play untill i finish 1 level then i come to board then when there is nothing new on board i go back for another level

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Games   -   #22
    increase your refresh rate and you wont feel that bad. mine's set 85Hertz. only prob is your crt monitor will get broken more quickly. you could just get a flat screen if you dont have one already, it doesnt tire youre eyes at all

3. Games   -   #23
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Yeah my eyes are screwed anyways...so i can't play games for long periods of time...but i try my best

4. Games   -   #24
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Never hurts my eyes, just the occasional headache...

5. Games   -   #25
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    My eye's burn and go blurry after an hour or two at the PC these day's, so I tend not to sit here for too long at once (although yesterday all I did practically was sit here playing Halo for the better part of the day, my eye's were bloodshot by the time I went bed lol), but I don't get motion sickness whilst playing games very often thankfully as I love racing game's like the Wipeout series and Ridge Racer series :-)

On the topic of longest playing session, my longest was 32hr's , it was when I first played Final Fantasy 7 on the PS1, I played from start to finish (I did get up to grab the occasional cup of coffee, smoke and a bag of crisp's now and then though), by the time I went bed all I could think of was the game and materia and different way's of combining lol :-)

Sniper.

6. Games   -   #26
    half life for DC gives me a headache like after 5 min so i stopped playing it

and soldier of fortune 2 for xbox gives me a headache easily but i still plauy

7. Games   -   #27
    the only game thats ever made me feel sick was worms 2

8. Games   -   #28
    Twist3r
    metro you should try the computer glasses

specail glasses for looking a a computer screen all day long my dad has them for work

but i have never had a problem with getting sick or dizzy even for playing for long periods at a time like 4 hours

9. Games   -   #29
    Poster
    a refresh rate lower than 72 Hz will definetly give you a headache
    just look at something next to the monitor if it's like 50 Hz you can see the
    monitor blinking or flashing which causes the headache

I've realised that I don't blink my eyes as often when I'm in front of the comp

10. Games   -   #30
    I think the main part of my eyes hurting is from sitting at this screen to many hours with the brightness all the way up .

I have gotten dissy, from a couple of games. I dont remmeber which ones, but have gotten the feeling of feeling like your light headed, and was gonna pass out.
    I actually couldnt play the game again, cause everytime i tried, i would feel like i was drunk and and sleepy.

Scared the hell out of me, so i just uninstalled the game and threw it away.
    I havent gotten that feeling for a while, and I'm happy about that.

Only word of advise from me to you, is if you get this feeling, and you quit for a while and come back and try again, and still have it.
    Just dont push on, thinking aww it'll go away, cause i tried and it wont.
    Certain light flare, etc can effect your brain, like it has never before.
    That why you see those health warnings on some games: Some lighting in the game may cause empelepsy.
    Empelepsy runs in my family, my mother had it. So i know.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast