Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Obie Trice

Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Maybe you could be more clear. Why is it that you think that file is a fake? Do you think its a fake because its downloading fast? Kazaa doesn't report the correct download speed, especially when its multisourcing the file.
    Proud member of MDS

2. Music   -   #12
    sorry I wasnt clear, its like all other Fakes first 13 seconds was ok then it gos into the beepy stuff for like 3 min then about 10 sec ok then the rest the same beepy stuff. I did lissen to it, and put it in cool edit pro to check it out it was realy messed up...sorry hope that this helped

3. Music   -   #13
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Yes, as a matter of fact, it did help. I'm going to pass this info on to a MOD here on the forum. Let me first explain something.

In my shared I have this CD. I made those hashes from the files on my drive, which I have heard in their entirety, and I swear to you they are complete with no flaws. Now, I read your post, about the file being fake, so I opened up Klite, clicked on the hash that I posted, and downloaded the file.

After playing that track, #15, it seems ok until about 15 seconds in, then there is garbled noises and other sounds. My theory is that the RIAA is most likely creating fake files and adjusting their size and filename to create an identical hash.

If I did not personally download the very same file, I would not have believed you, but now I do. I'm sorry for the trouble, and I will take this up with some experienced Klite who helped code the Ksig/Sig2dat programs.
    Proud member of MDS

4. Music   -   #14
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    RIAA arnt that smart come on

5. Music   -   #15
    OK cool, I was starting to think it was me , But i have been on this forum alot for the past few months and read alot of post from you. I know you do not BS ppl, and your words are true. Thats why I wanted to make sure you knew what was going on with my downloads ... I just for awile was thinking it was on my end.

thanks again I just hope one day we can get this shit fixed with the fakes

Thanks very much again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12