Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Really Know About The Bible?

BANNED
    Originally posted by j2k4@30 September 2003 - 01:02
    Now all is clear:

Christian religion has been "superceded" by Islam!

We could have saved a ton of cyber-ink had we known this earlier.

There we are, JPaul-we are the relics of religious obsolescence.
    So does that make you a christian too then j2?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Poster
    As I have stated elsewhere, I am more concerned with this persons political persuasions than I am with his religious ones.

The best he can do with his religious bigotry is to accuse me of having extreme fascist Catholic beliefs. Though he remains unable to provide any evidence of this.

As I recall I have said elsewhere I am a Catholic by trade, however that does not mean I believe everything that the Church does or teaches, I have made this clear. To give an answer to a question which will inevitably be asked, for one thing I think priests should be able to marry. I have no intention of discussing the details of my beliefs, or of trying to force them down anyone else's throat. Again as I have said elsewhere, that is just not how I feel it should be.

However his political beliefs are poison, remembering there are a lot of young minds and hearts here. Just the sort of group that Larouche and his cult followers, or other similar groups would target.

Once again I would only urge people to read what has been written by everyone involved here and make up their own minds.

Oh and I was already aware that we were the relics of religious obsolescence, I just wonder if anyone has told God yet, he should be informed.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    BANNED
    Aha! I've been waiting for this one ..
    As I recall I have said elsewhere I am a Catholic by trade, however that does not mean I believe everything that the Church does or teaches, I have made this clear. To give an answer to a question which will inevitably be asked, for one thing I think priests should be able to marry. I have no intention of discussing the details of my beliefs, or of trying to force them down anyone else's throat. Again as I have said elsewhere, that is just not how I feel it should be.
    This is a privilage afforded only to you is it?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@29 September 2003 - 17:42
    Aha! I've been waiting for this one ..
    This is a privilage afforded only to you is it?

I really didn't think you would fall for that, particularly when Clocker had asked you earlier if that was the very reason for the thread.

You even said "Aha! I've been waiting for this one ..

You truly are a nobhead.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    BANNED
    Answer my question JP, is this a privilage afforded only to you"

Seems you're the one caught out buddy!

Then explain your views in light of the Nicean Creed you claim to follow.

I believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty,
    maker of heaven and earth,
    of all that is, seen and unseen.
    I believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
    the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father,
    God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God,
    begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father.
    Through him all things were made.
    For us men and for our salvation, he came down from heaven:
    by the power of the Holy Spirit he was born of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
    For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered died and was buried.
    On the third day he rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures;
    he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
    He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
    and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
    who proceeds from the Father and the Son.
    With the Father and the Son he is worshipped and glorified.
    He has spoken through the Prophets.
    I believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.
    I acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
    I look for the resurrection of the dead,
    and the life of the world to come.
    Amen.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    THE BIBLE.........Its a rule book and a guide to weak people who cannot make decisions for themselves.
    Ban religion and make the world a better place.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    BANNED
    Originally posted by rf9rider@30 September 2003 - 01:54
    THE BIBLE.........Its a rule book and a guide to weak people who cannot make decisions for themselves.

You'd better put your flak jacket on rf9rider.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean+29 September 2003 - 11:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 29 September 2003 - 11:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@30 September 2003 - 01:02
    Now all is clear:

Christian religion has been "superceded" by Islam&#33;

We could have saved a ton of cyber-ink had we known this earlier.

There we are, JPaul-we are the relics of religious obsolescence.
    So does that make you a christian too then j2?

[/b][/quote]
    Yes, it certainly does, though not of the "born-again" stripe; I prefer to think I got it right on the first go.

Are you now going to use my admission to calumniate and distort my views?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@29 September 2003 - 17:51
    Answer my question JP, is this a privilage afforded only to you"

We have established that you are anti-semitic (you told us this yourself). You certainly give the impression of being anti-Catholic and probably anti-Christian. People can make their own judgements on this based on your writings. You are certainly pro-Palestinian (again you said this yourself).

You have pointed people to the sites of Lyndon Larouche as a source of information. Amongst this information we find that he states the September 11 attacks were made not by terrorists as we had though, but jointly by UK and US intelligence. I cannot remember why they are alleged to have done this.

No matter how many times I tell you that it is not my way to either justify my religion or try to thrust it down other people&#39;s throats you persist in asking me to do this. I replied to a thread you started in the spirit I thought you had invited it, I even said so at the time. I also explained my position with regard to this matter.

You are a hate-mongering, bigoted, delusional (hopefully) trouble maker. However that does not make you a bad person.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean+29 September 2003 - 18:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 29 September 2003 - 18:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rf9rider@30 September 2003 - 01:54

You&#39;d better put your flak jacket on rf9rider.

[/b][/quote]
    Why would he do that, the chap is merely expressing his opinion.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast