Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need some advice, FST!

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    If you're talking about the site I think you're talking about, there's zero chance you'll get your account back. Even if it's a different site, you're still not going to have your account reenabled. You had to know trading was against the rules and is a bannable offense on nearly all trackers.

What you should realize is that no trackers will give you a second chance. It seems harsh, but the staff doesn't exactly have the time to monitor "second chance" users' activity. I'm sure you're unhappy about it, but I have no sympathy for you.

This situation should serve as a valuable lesson for you and others in the future.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Guys. He traded and got caught, and now he wants some sympathy for it. Don't fall for it. He had to have known this tracker had a rule against trading, but decided to break this rule anyways. And then then tries to trade this invite at FST...of all sites.

Anyways, It's a freakin' website. There has got to be a dozen or so more just like it out there. Sign up to one of those and move on... This site is more than likely never going to want you back.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Needinghelp View Post
    The site I traded was my favorite
    How can that be?

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Needinghelp View Post
    The site I traded was my favorite
    How can that be?
    Lol, you got hime there.

My advice would be to let it go. Some people think that once a trader, always a trader. Other people may ''forgive'' you in time. That's your best option imo.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    mickstavros's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Anyways, It's a freakin' website. There has got to be a dozen or so more just like it out there. Sign up to one of those and move on... This site is more than likely never going to want you back.

There is not a dozen or so more like it, and that is why he is so upset at being banned.

And if I am correct in where I think he was banned from, then I am happy he got caught, because he risks everyone on that site by trading with people he does not know. The rules are dont advertise invites on forums and only invite people you trust. Guess he trusted the wrong person.
    Last edited by mickstavros; 07-08-2009 at 12:54 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Who burned you, thats what i want to know....

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Okay guys, some of you are misunderstanding my intent:

I'm not looking for sympathy. I'm not looking for attention. I also don't feel I should be in the same category as other traders.

This is the first trade I ever performed, seriously. To be honest, it was the last trade I was going to perform as well. That's the worst part. The tracker I wanted to get into was of a lower tier than the one I offered. I just wanted to check out what they had compared to what I had.

What I was looking for in this thread is advice of what to do in the meantime to help put me on solid ground so when the time comes (in the future) that I can go back to both sites and ask to rejoin, even if under a different name.

I don't want to be sneaky and underhanded. I want to do what's right and fix what was wrong.

For a couple of you that didn't understand what I meant by the tracker being "my favorite" I meant it. I loved the tracker and it was probably my favorite to date. The reason I traded was to see how the other could compare to my favorite. I take accounts and invites seriously. I'm not a collector. I enjoy each site I use in their own way and cherish each one individually.

For those that think i'm low for not releasing my true nickname, look at some of the previous posts. People mentioned "once a trader, always a trader." I don't want to be pinned with that tag. It was my first trade and I made a mistake. I do not feel I fit in the same class as a true "trader" because my intentions were very different then theirs. Also, as I mentioned, my nickname is similar on other trackers so I don't want to somehow get sucked in deeper than I already am. For those of you that are serious about offering some advice, I wouldn't mind sharing my nickname personally with (There's already someone that knows.) I'm not trying to deceive anyone, I'm just trying to protect myself for any future occurrences.

To all of you guys that are blaming me, I understand your concern and hostility. But what I did was not intended to be malicious. I'm a good user and wanted to share an invite to a site with unique privileges with another member as well as check out their tracker.

To all of you guys that are offering advice, thank you. I do plan to move on. Some of you mentioned there are a thousand other sites just like it, but that's a bit incorrect. The two that I was part of were one of a kind and there really isn't any competition amongst them except maybe a public tracker *gross*.

Ultimately, i've decided to close this topic. I don't want people to take this the wrong way any longer. I also didn't plan to cause this much of an uproar - I don't want anything to get out of hand more than it is.

Thank you to those that offered solid, valuable advice - I appreciate it.

For anyone that has any additional advice, PM me.

Regards,

*EDIT* - Dang. I can't close the thread. Guess I need to have an account for a certain time. =/

If anyone has the power to close this thread I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by Needinghelp; 07-08-2009 at 01:43 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123