Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have IPT, why would I want something else for general?

Most good small trackers will do a great job for you if they allow new members make requests as they are very good at filling them and usually high speed download
    Hence why no real need for TL and having get by there waite times
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    You can try Gigapedia for ebooks. It's not a tracker, but a forum where all the files are hosted on filehosters. But there's is literally an ocean of content over there. So it may be worth checking out.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Thanks for the recommendation on gigapedia, I'll try it. anonamouse and ebokvortex i've got accounts already. They have decent selections, but like most book sites, they're almost totally learning and not fiction.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wharrislv View Post
    They have decent selections, but like most book sites, they're almost totally learning and not fiction.
    There is a request section on eBookVortex
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    DarkLured's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by wharrislv View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation on gigapedia, I'll try it. anonamouse and ebokvortex i've got accounts already. They have decent selections, but like most book sites, they're almost totally learning and not fiction.
    I'll second the Bibliotik recommendation (PM me if you need an invite) and Demonoid's e-book section is pretty decent.

As for general content, the only private tracker you really "need" besides a good general/0-day tracker like IPT is Demonoid IMO.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    BANNED
    why would u have ip torrents in the first place lol

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    You're really asking for it aren't you? IPT is a very under rated tracker - decent pre times, seed bonus, free leech packs and encoders - SANTi, FLAWL3SS etc.

One of the best trackers imo
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Thats pretty much the point of the thread, why would I want anything else? If you've got some trackers that fulfill needs that you don't think could be fulfilled by IPT, what are those needs? What is the advantage of another general tracker? What would I gain by having another general tracker?
    Last edited by wharrislv; 09-24-2009 at 07:05 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    I guess one flaw of IPT is 'home' upload speeds are no competition to the seed boxes (like most trackers I suppose?).

I've (somehow) managed to upload 6GB on IPT with an upload speed of 256kbps. I've nearly got 1000 seed bonus point of which I'll exchange for 10GB upload credit.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    tippertime's Avatar Your E-Stalker BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    its not a bad idea to have another tracker as a backup...TL, RevTT, SCC any of those are great backup options

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123