Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DC++ Hubs

Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Our school has ~ a PB of stuff on their hub.
    Pics or it didn't happen
    Can you feel the LOVE

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You make it sound like it's impossible... back when I was in residence in my freshman year (that was when I primarily used it, since the internal 100Mbit connections make speeds awesome) I was sharing ~2-3TB of stuff alone, and I wasn't even in the top 10 shares. Add a few thousand more students and it's not too hard to fill up. I used to fill music requests from our request/release bot using What.cd as well. Now it's only really practical if I'm spending the day in the library or a computer lab. If you're connecting from off-campus you have to get your IP range whitelisted or tunnel through a computer on-campus, and speeds aren't really great.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Just jokin bud ... I believe you.
    Can you feel the LOVE

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    newsgroupie
    A petabyte might seem like a lot on DC, but many people are going to be sharing the same files. On any P2P network, it seems that it's only ever a few people that introduce new material, that everyone else then copies from.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Waddafocky's Avatar dvd BT Rep: +1
    A petabyte still means the userbase is large. For example, if each person in a school has a 1tb HDD, that means at least 1000 users are using the hub at any one point. That's a lot by my standards, even counting dupes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123