Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Speed

This must be a site of illiterates, aimed at RGX. Before trying to insult someone for not reading all the posts, you should firstly read the first. The exact wording was "slight curve" not a corner. ...... now who should read all.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Originally posted by randyandyD@29 October 2003 - 13:33

I see a wide spectrum of views out there in cyberland. I suggest, that all the hypocritical shit shovers should look at thier own driving styles. 105 on a motorway is a lot safer to other road users than some dick who pulls out of a junction in the face of incoming traffic.  oh yeah, I dont want to heal, I just want loads of money
    I hope that when you refer to "the dick who pulls out of a junction in the face of oncoming traffic", you're not talking about the accident which i witnessed. In this case, the driver of the car that pulled out of the junction did so before the speeding driver appeared and killed his wife and child.
    A slight curve is still a corner. In this case it was also a blind corner as you could not see the policeman.

It amazes me that people are posting here, suggesting that excessive speed isn't a major cause of road accidents. I suggest they read up on the subject.

@Livy. I'm assuming i'm not understanding you correctly. If this old wifey was manouvering toward a slip road and never saw you passing her in her path, then you must have been undertaking her on an inside lane. This would also be illegal, and is dangerous driving.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    i've not read through this whole topic, just skimmed it.
    i see a lot of people who look down on speeding.
    i speed...though never in 20, 30 or 40mph limits.
    i very rarely go over 75mph on motorways (though i have done 100+ mph on two motorways)
    i speed quite often on backroads (only ones that i know, and only when there is little or no traffic and good visibility (or at nights))
    i don't speed in rainy conditions, or in very cold conditions

i would consider myself a good driver (doesn't every guy )

i've not had a crash in over a year of driving (i passed my test on July 7th 2002)

my driving may be deemed by others as irresponsible, some people on this forum may change their opinion of me, however, i just wanted to tell the truth
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Lounge   -   #34
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@30 October 2003 - 10:42
    i speed quite often on backroads (only ones that i know, and only when there is little or no traffic and good visibility (or at nights)
    isn&#39;t that a contradiction?

you have a point though, if the odds of someone getting hurt are very slim, why not put your car through its paces?
    then again, its not just others you should worry about, if you lost control, spun you could end up with a wreaked car with a corpse at the wheel - that&#39;s a expensive suicide in my books

EDIT: you can&#39;t consider yourself a good driver, Schumacher is considered a good driver - he&#39;s pretty prone to hitting other cars
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

5. Lounge   -   #35
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Then how could you NOT see the policemen? I fail to see how anyone paying proper attention to their driving could fail to spot a policemen pointing a radar gun at them, and due to the speed you were driving at, you should have been especially observent.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    On the German Autobahn, there is no speed limit and it has one of the lowest accident rates in the world.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by randyandyD@29 October 2003 - 12:33
    105 on a motorway is a lot safer to other road users than some dick who pulls out of a junction in the face of incoming traffic.
    Round a slight curve at 105mph and who should be standing down the road with a hairdryer pointing straight at me(breathe) Mr plod.
    I hope you aren&#39;t trying to suggest that policemen stand in the middle of the motorway with radar guns? So the truth is that you were doing 105 on an ordinary road. I can see not only a 12 month ban (minimum), but possible jail time too.

Like 3rd Gen, I too exceed the speed limit when conditions permit, but the sort of driving you describe can only be defined as dangerous. I hope they charge you with that, it carries a maximum jail term of 10 years.

Edit:typo
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate+30 October 2003 - 11:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarthInsinuate @ 30 October 2003 - 11:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3rd gen noob@30 October 2003 - 10:42
    i speed quite often on backroads (only ones that i know, and only when there is little or no traffic and good visibility (or at nights)
    isn&#39;t that a contradiction? [/b][/quote]
    if you mean contradiction because it&#39;s dark, then it&#39;s actually easier to see cars at night on my roads, due to the headlights.
    i wouldn&#39;t think any people would be out walking at 4am...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. Lounge   -   #39
    I agree with all that has been said about speeding ,having been on motorway&#39;s to pick up smashed up vehicles & motor bikes seeing some poor sod with half his head hanging off due to some dick speeding the kid stood no chance 12 months ban & £3.000 fine & hopefully prison

10. Lounge   -   #40
    djfactory
    you shouldnt of been speeding, you could have killed someone&#33;

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast