Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Speed

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@31 October 2003 - 00:06
    I doubt that 5mph over the limit is what you refer to when you said "I've been "speeding" almost since I could drive".

You explain to me your version of the laws of physics, particularly momentum. Explain reaction time and stopping distances. Also explain how you are better qualified to comment on road safety than the experts in that field.

You might also care to read up on road traffic accident statistics, then you would see that one third of said accidents are caused by excessive speed. Oh, but you know better than those statistics. Yeah right.
    Again I say if I plowed into the back of someone that cut me off did I "contribute" or "cause" the accident. Experts are not so expert.
    I had lady on residential street move left then slow down almost to a stop then when I started to pass her she whipped right into a driveway messing up her right side of her truck. After an arbitration they said it was my fault.
    All this happened at about 5 mph.

My point is if what the "textbooks" and experts say is true why not drive 40 mph in a 55 mph zone? You have better reaction time. Right? Why 30 mph? Why not 20?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #52
    The said policeman was about a 1/4 of a mile down the road, and the last time i checked, the radar gun can determine a reading from there. Also as i have not heard of children playing on said roads, my attention was fixed on other road users.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Originally posted by dangerous driver+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dangerous driver)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Again I say if I plowed into the back of someone that cut me off did I "contribute" or "cause" the accident.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-chambers dictionary

contribute verb (contributed, contributing) (usually contribute to something) 1 tr & intr to give (money, time, etc) for some joint purpose. 2 intrans to be one of the causes of something. 3 to supply (an article, etc) for publication in a magazine, etc. contributable adj. contributive adj. contributor noun.
    ETYMOLOGY: 16c: from Latin contribuere, contributum to bring together.
    [/quote]

Experts are not so expert.
    Oh right. So that&#39;s why they are referred to as experts, is it?

expert noun someone with great skill in, or extensive knowledge of, a particular subject. adj 1 highly skilled or extremely knowledgeable. 2 relating to or done by an expert or experts. expertly adverb.
    Regarding your collision with the lady parking her car. Maybe she was at fault, if she didn&#39;t indicate. If you were a better driver you would have anticipated that, in a residential street, she might have been parking her car. I don&#39;t believe for one second that the collision occurred at 5mph, that&#39;s walking pace- you could have stopped in less than a meter. The arbitration found you to be at fault, but you disagree? Oh yeah, you think the whole world is wrong and you are right. How arrogant are you?

@randyandyD.

Other road users?? Such as cyclists perhaps, or broken down vehicles, or pedestrians...... The stopping distance at 100 mph is over 140 meters, 35 car lengths.

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by LTJBukem+31 October 2003 - 14:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LTJBukem &#064; 31 October 2003 - 14:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by dangerous driver@
    Again I say if I plowed into the back of someone that cut me off did I "contribute" or "cause" the accident.
    <!--QuoteBegin-chambers dictionary

contribute verb (contributed, contributing) (usually contribute to something) 1 tr & intr to give (money, time, etc) for some joint purpose. 2 intrans to be one of the causes of something. 3 to supply (an article, etc) for publication in a magazine, etc. contributable adj. contributive adj. contributor noun.
    ETYMOLOGY: 16c: from Latin contribuere, contributum to bring together.
    Experts are not so expert.
    Oh right. So that&#39;s why they are referred to as experts, is it?

expert noun someone with great skill in, or extensive knowledge of, a particular subject. adj 1 highly skilled or extremely knowledgeable. 2 relating to or done by an expert or experts. expertly adverb.
    Regarding your collision with the lady parking her car. Maybe she was at fault, if she didn&#39;t indicate. If you were a better driver you would have anticipated that, in a residential street, she might have been parking her car. I don&#39;t believe for one second that the collision occurred at 5mph, that&#39;s walking pace- you could have stopped in less than a meter. The arbitration found you to be at fault, but you disagree? Oh yeah, you think the whole world is wrong and you are right. How arrogant are you?

@randyandyD.

Other road users?? Such as cyclists perhaps, or broken down vehicles, or pedestrians...... The stopping distance at 100 mph is over 140 meters, 35 car lengths. [/b][/quote]
    Ok now this is when I say fuck you calling me arrogant and shit. It probably was less than 5 mph because she slowed for another car parking on the left. She then started forward then slowed then went left. I thought she was parking ON THE LEFT. I easily had room to pass and got to her back right door when she turned right (in front of me) scraping HER vehicle on the right side. After arbitration (it obviously was an issue if it went to that for a small accident) the insurance guy told me there is a law that allows someone to turn SLIGHTLY left to make a sharp. She went into a another lane for goodness sake (I was able to pass her if that&#39;s an indication) until she turned in front of me.

You sir live in a vaccuum. You believe all laws and rules are correct and just. Most are but are not interpreted correctly. Anyway shut the fuck up. I&#39;ve read the insurance book and have been to traffic school before. Find something more profound and go outside your suburban neighborhood.

Have a nice day
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Lounge   -   #55
    Poster
    150mph? Jesus christ ...

You&#39;ll probably be banned for a lifetime, driving at that horrific speed.

Do you know how dangerous a car is when driving incredible speeds? You&#39;re not Michael Schumacher you know, the breaking distance of a car of such speed would be incredibly great, what if a child were to be around that corner? Don&#39;t those car ads put a message across?

T H I N K &#33;

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@31 October 2003 - 14:13
    The stopping distance at 100 mph is over 140 meters, 35 car lengths.
    where did you get this statistic from?
    what car?
    what road conditions?
    what reaction time?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456