Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Televison

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Eddie is, I would say, doing very well here.

My sister saw him in "A Day in the Death of Joe Egg" in NYC (out of curiousity after I played "Dress to Kill" for her) and reported him excellent.

I'd love to have seen him playing Lenny Bruce.

I find his historic and religious references hilarious, but also indicative of his very obvious intelligence-that, and his non-stop energy make me a huge fan.

I agree as to your point about Richard Pryor-I feel a bit the same about Billy Connelly; while he is funny, there is the parochial aspect that compromises one's enjoyment.

Haven't seen Harry Hill-I shall, however, be on the lookout.

As for the French/German thing, Eddie has performed (in French) in Paris, I believe?

As for French humor, I have seen "The Birdcage" (Robin Williams, Nathan Lane), which is the American "La Cage Aux Folles"-it was nuts!

Being of mainly German extraction, I suppose it odd I know nothing about German humor.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@29 October 2003 - 17:19
    German humor.
    Oxymoron ?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by JPaul+29 October 2003 - 14:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 29 October 2003 - 14:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@29 October 2003 - 17:19
    German humor.
    Oxymoron ? [/b][/quote]
    Good spot, J&#39;Pol.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123