Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do people think about indexing sites who charge?

Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Nothing... if you wanna pay, then pay... if you don't move on?!

Is that too hard?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    darkstate01's Avatar Poster
    hear hear, I second that motion
    PAIN is just WEAKNESS leaving the body

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Double Agent
    I was a member of newzbin since 2006 and helped out the site by being an editor. We get credits as reward for making posts and make it easier for people to download. But guess what, we don't get paid for our work; the operator of the site gets all the money for just maintaining the site, but that's not really an excuse to say that you collect the money to fight legal battle or whatnot. Judgement handed down, hands down, u lose, close the site, claim some hackers stole it and make it a newzbin2. Guess what? they are collecting money again. I went to the forum and called them thieves and got banned. Where does the money go? hackers' pockets, if they get sued again they just close down the site and run, how convenient for them. I'd never spend another cent on premium nzb sites.

oh btw I use newsleecher's super search function now and am doing just fine~

you don't need premium sites, just search on ur own.

stop supporting premium operators who contribute NOTHING to the file sharing world

rock on~
    Last edited by james_bond_rulez; 06-12-2010 at 08:32 PM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    I may be wrong here,but it think binsearch uses a version ikbin customised for their purpose,I've tried and tested it in the past and it does a fine job,but has a few glitches like the amount of indexes you can use
    As far as costs go,try getting a account with infinite hdd space,its less than 50£ a year also bandwidth thrown in for free.
    So all this nonsense you here here about costs and time and effort and setting this and that up is crap, Its one time setup,then you pick the indexes to download and how often on the cron tab and then just use it as you like.
    I hate it when people start saying it costs us a lot of money to keep the server running etc, 50£ a year isn't that expensive. They make it sound like its thousands.
    Just thought i would vent a little at the payed nzb sites who are pulling the wool over the "site not educated".
    And yes I know binsearch isn't a payed site, Its a great site if you want free nzb's.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstate01 View Post
    I may be wrong here,but it think binsearch uses a version ikbin customised for their purpose,I've tried and tested it in the past and it does a fine job,but has a few glitches like the amount of indexes you can use
    Yes, there's also Newsnab which is in active development.
    As far as costs go,try getting a account with infinite hdd space,its less than 50£ a year also bandwidth thrown in for free.
    So all this nonsense you here here about costs and time and effort and setting this and that up is crap, Its one time setup,then you pick the indexes to download and how often on the cron tab and then just use it as you like.
    I hate it when people start saying it costs us a lot of money to keep the server running etc, 50£ a year isn't that expensive. They make it sound like its thousands.
    LOL.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Just thought i would vent a little at the payed nzb sites who are pulling the wool over the "site not educated".
    And yes I know binsearch isn't a payed site, Its a great site if you want free nzb's.
    hahawtf . Do you really believe those nzb indexers out there are run on shared hosting plans ?

Please. When a webhosting company advertises "unlimited bandwidth, unlimited disk space" you might want to read their TOS - it's all about "fair share". If you use more than 1 TB of traffic per month and/or 100 GB of disk space (and I didn't even mention "resource intensive scripts"), you will get your ass kicked out with no refunds.

But in case you were actually talking about dedicated servers, I'd like to buy one right now with "unlimited hdd space" and "free traffic" for 50 pounds a year! That's a bargain.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    I've had no complaints so far,2 years and counting, the only complaint was when i had a dodgy script running on a cron job that was running for way to long,besides that ,happy days.
    But in saying that i'm not a publicly available nzb site, purely in the know. all 4 of the sites do what i request and 1 has a ssl cert applied..
    I tried getting that newsnab program yesterday but it wouldn't download

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    BANNED
    I tried getting that newsnab program yesterday but it wouldn't download
    I'd guess that's because you couldn't figure out how to use svn. Try tortoise if you're on windows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12