Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Astraweb + blocknews.net fill account?

KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    As title says, I'd like to have a block account , does this combo make any sense or should I look somewhere else?

Thx.
    Last edited by KFlint; 09-01-2011 at 04:26 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    From what I've heard from everyone else around here, it makes perfect sense.

I don't even use a block account, I'm AW only and it's been good to me.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I'm AW only and it's been good to me.
    I sometimes have problems with incomplete, don't know if their problems are really solved now.

I figured that paying for a 200 gigs of fill would give me peace of mind for a while.
    Last edited by KFlint; 08-31-2011 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I haven't been having any issues, I set up my client to download with AW's EU servers and fill with their US servers. I set it up that way since AW problems don't seem to be consistent across the ocean.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    I haven't been having any issues, I set up my client to download with AW's EU servers and fill with their US servers. I set it up that way since AW problems don't seem to be consistent across the ocean.
    Never thought of that, I guess I assumed I would have the same incomplete parts on both, thx!
    Last edited by KFlint; 09-01-2011 at 02:51 AM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    200 gigs is way too much for this combo

if you had supernews then it would make sense.

on the other hand 200gigs costs only $20+ so...

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    Never thought of that, I guess I assumed I would have the same incomplete parts on both, thx!
    It should, but there's a number of threads here demonstrating otherwise. In fact that's when I started doing that.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    200 gigs is way too much for this combo

if you had supernews then it would make sense.

on the other hand 200gigs costs only $20+ so...
    Yeah, I figured I should pay the 5 for 100 extra gigs.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    As title says, I'd like to have a block account , does this combo make any sense or should I look somewhere else?

Thx.
    That combo makes perfect sense if blocknews.net is legit about accounts not expiring..however I do agree with some of the previous posters, I can't recall the last time AW had something I wanted incomplete enough that the PAR's couldn't fill it in.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    AW DOES have stuff that cant be downloaded. But on a less scale than other providers.
    combo is essential for smooth usenet experience =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast