Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which 560ti to buy...?

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Just put my gtx680 in and started up a few games off steam just to see what it can do.

It's more silent than a rev1 5770 with stock cooling (and two 5770s in CF + something nvidia for physx, for that matter) at what I've tried it with.

It does Skyrim in ultra, and Stalker: Call of Pripyat, EvE Online and Batman: Arkham Asylum maxed out in full-HD. It's all pretty smooth. I think the only game where I actually heard the fan rev up* was Batman: AA, and that's probably due to some physx-heavy areas. I might install the first crysis just to see if I can finally max everything in that.

Cryostasis crashed, but that's probably an issue with the game getting a bit old or something.

At any rate, seeing what this can do thus far, I reckon 660s and 670s will be really nice, going by the fact that they'll probably not do that much worse at similar games, and have a better price:performance ratio.

*My case does have some sound-proofing.
    Last edited by Snee; 04-02-2012 at 08:55 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    You could have waited for custom PCB version of 680s which will come up in next 2-3 weeks.
    Teh n00b.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Just put my gtx680 in and started up a few games off steam just to see what it can do.

It's more silent than a rev1 5770 with stock cooling (and two 5770s in CF + something nvidia for physx, for that matter) at what I've tried it with.

It does Skyrim in ultra, and Stalker: Call of Pripyat, EvE Online and Batman: Arkham Asylum maxed out in full-HD. It's all pretty smooth. I think the only game where I actually heard the fan rev up* was Batman: AA, and that's probably due to some physx-heavy areas. I might install the first crysis just to see if I can finally max everything in that.

Cryostasis crashed, but that's probably an issue with the game getting a bit old or something.

At any rate, seeing what this can do thus far, I reckon 660s and 670s will be really nice, going by the fact that they'll probably not do that much worse at similar games, and have a better price:performance ratio.

*My case does have some sound-proofing.
    Sounds fun.

I bought an EVGA GTX 550ti at Fry's yesterday for $119. I just couldn't see spending $300+ on something that I'll only see the benefit of maybe once a year. It runs BF3 on high settings at 1920x1200. I put the ol' 8800GTS in as a dedicated Physx card.

yo

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    You could have waited for custom PCB version of 680s which will come up in next 2-3 weeks.
    No. I shouldn't have. Not only does it do what I wanted, but I have it right now, and if I want to add an aftermarket cooler or waterblock to it later on, there won't be any trouble finding something that fits.

Have fun making sure something fits on a custom board, nubbins.
    Last edited by Snee; 04-03-2012 at 08:04 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Wow those 680s are sweet but a bit overkill if you're on a budget. I mean my single 560TI plays Skyrim, STALKER: COP, Witcher 2, and ME3 (why god?) maxed out. Granted, it is running at 1000 core. What am I getting at? Perhaps go for the GTX 560 Ti Hawk, factory OC'd to 950/2100 and save some valuable coin to put back into your coffers.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tx 560 ti hawk

Unless you absolutely need 2GB, then go for the EVGA since it is future-proof. Perhaps 2GB of VRAM isn't needed now (even I have yet to struggle with Skyrim with HD textures and everything @ max and ENBSeries with a lousy 1GB) but yeah for shit like Far Cry 3 the EVGA would probably be of use.
    Last edited by KushBlow; 04-04-2012 at 07:04 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    If I were skizo I'd just keep the 550 he just bought

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12