Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Block News / da faq?

Hi, again, Are there any other clients that does this? "Newsleecher Leech Tweaks – Pasworded RAR-in-RAR Archives"

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    You should be lucky that I'm not reaching through my screen right now and punching you in the mouth for type 'the' as 'da'.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    newsgroupie
    Quote Originally Posted by supdubdup View Post
    Would you guys consider Newsbin Pro the best commercial software? I know hypatia seems to like Usenet explorer, but Newbin Pro is only 20 dollars (Newsleecher is too i think)!
    "Best" is highly subjective, and based on everyone's own personal criteria. Newsbin Pro appears to be the only closed-source news client under constant full-time development, if that means anything to you. (Other mature newsreaders like Newsleecher and Usenet Explorer often seem to go months --or sometimes even years-- between releases.)

But since the discussion here has been about using fill servers, I should point out that Newsbin's chief limitation (in my view) is that it currently only allows one level of server prioritization. For instance, if you have a paid unlimited account, a free bandwidth-restricted account, and a paid block account -- and you want to prioritize them in that order -- Newsbin Pro can't do it. But Newsleecher, Usenet Explorer, SabNZBd and many others can.

Or is something free like Alt Binz .39 enough?
    I could be wrong on this, but I think that all the "free" Alt Binz v.39 copies floating around are fake and/or virus-infected. I'd leave them alone.

Alt.Binz Versions up to 0.25 are officially free releases, and the last non-DRM'd version was 0.28.5. I don't think there have ever been any working cracked versions of Alt.binz (but many trojan'd releases are out there)

Hi, again, Are there any other clients that does this? "Newsleecher Leech Tweaks – Pasworded RAR-in-RAR Archives"
    You can try NewsbinPro.

As many of us have learned, any rar-in-rar (passworded or not) is almost certainly going to be a fake (the one exception might be 0-day apps - as some release groups like to use nested rars/zips- but it's obviously dangersous to get these or any other executables off an anonymous system like Usenet).

Search engines like Mysterbin appear to even filter out all these rar-in-rar NZBs from search results, so if you use Mysterbin, you should never have to even worry about it.
    Last edited by zot; 03-28-2012 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12